Fans of Thanet

A general forum for runners in Thanet

381 to 400 of 10,113 messages
PSC    pirate
08/02/2008 at 19:16

Enjoy! Think I might have a slug of red tonight too. Good prep for an hours swim and 50 miles on the bike tomorrow! Gulp.

Is cinders back running already. You girls are tough. If blokes had to give birth we would need at least 6 months off!
08/02/2008 at 20:39

MF Don't follow my advice in anything, I could lead you down all sorts of blind alleys, I mean that figuratively, not literally. Anyway I don't learn, I am now starting my 'carbo loading for the weekend as well. Enjoy and cheers to you all.

PSC - You know how to woow (how do you spell woow?) the women!!!

09/02/2008 at 14:37

Well half plodding more like PSC !

Is the half on this year, have found details on RW for our mara in Sept but not the half?

PSC    pirate
09/02/2008 at 16:05
not much to wow with ---- would it be woo?
10/02/2008 at 07:19

PSC - I think you may be correct

Carbo loading has gone well, Fried rice certainly helps pile on the pounds. No time for a LSR today so it will have to wait til tomorrow, 8 miles only as I am tapering (for tapering read 'avoiding running)

What have you all got in mind for your LSR this weekend?

10/02/2008 at 13:41
Before I went off to Harrogate I made sure I packed my kit, socks, Garmin, yellow top, the lot. Was just getting on the train when I realised I had not packed any shoes, oops! Am typing this on train back to London, so not even home yet. However, I have booked 3 days leave this week, so I will be trying to put in some serious work to make up for my week off. That's it, no more jollies like that before FLM. Mind you, I don't know how I would have fitted any time in for running up there as it was a very busy 5 days.
11/02/2008 at 09:26

No LSR at weekend Cliff. I did Dover half which was fun and lovely weather.  Some fellow TRRACites run very well and several are now proud owners of new pb's well done !!

Next saturday we are planning to take the train to Deal and run back to Ramsgate Approx 15M.  I will confirm times etc but expect to be gettting the train around 9.30 ish.  All welcome.

11/02/2008 at 09:28
Cinders  yes the half is on this year just have not had time to get it set up on RW
11/02/2008 at 11:32
Ta Mark, will keep an eye out for it as am hoping to do it. 
11/02/2008 at 12:31

ohhh nearly forgot Andy Stevens did the Brands Hatch 10K on Saturday and was 4th !! great running Andy

I recon he must have a truly brilliant coach

PSC    pirate
11/02/2008 at 12:38

Out of how many? 

No, only kidding.  remarkable running from a "Fan of Thanet".  Great performance.....

PSC    pirate
11/02/2008 at 12:40

And come on Mr F.... lets get these races on line.  I thought you Thanet chaps had half decent organisional skills.

11/02/2008 at 12:50

Well done to all PB ers from the weekend. Particularly well done to Andy for a great finish place. I know exactly how you feel, have I told you that I finished third in a race once??????

MF - 15 miles, a week before the Moonlight, shouldn't I be tapering?

11/02/2008 at 13:07

Cliff 15 is a taper compared to what you have been doing

My own personal attempt to run a pb at Dover ended in failure.  Felt Ok just could not get the legs turning over fast enough in the last 3 miles and finished 16 seconds outside the elusive pb. 

PSC    pirate
11/02/2008 at 13:17

I wouldn't say 16 seconds is a failure.  Blimey, you can lose 16 seconds just from having a couple of sneezes on the run!  I would say well run if you were that close to your PB .....  I think a lot of people at fairly crap runs.  Odd isn't it!  Bobo blaims her 9 mile blow up on the garlic I put in the mash on Friday night.  In truth, she is probably right - it was very garlicy

Mark/Cliff - See you at JB Corner out on the marshes if not before!  I'm tempted to bring a BBQ so the Foster/PSC crew can have some fun   Might bring my trainers and get a quick 6 miles in while no-one is looking!!!

11/02/2008 at 14:25

PSC  Thats odd bo-bo was blaming me for her 9m blow up as well something to do with a little jaunt around the Viking trail last week  

I am quite looking forward to the overnighter now, no pressure to run quick just survive it.  Thanks for the offer to help out at JBC hopefully the weather will be kind

PSC    pirate
11/02/2008 at 14:54

LOL!!! 

If it's raining you are on your own mate.  Mrs F and i will be in the pub

11/02/2008 at 19:27
I am up for the 15 miler. If we can agree a train time from Ramsgate I can save you all £1.55 each. I have checked the day single price is £4.50 but since I havean annual season ticket I get 35% off mine and up to four others, so I only pay £2.95. Every little helps, that can get you an extra half pint!
11/02/2008 at 19:56

there is no one blame for my blow up but me - and the late night, and the garlic, and the fantastic Thanet mileage, and the fact it was a Sunday, and that the weather was excellent so my body went into total  shock exposing itself in shorts - thank god for shades, and....... I'm thinking of some more.... but the company in the first 8 miles was superb.

Looking forward to the Deal 2 Ramsgate chapter - if you're catching the train at a sensible time from Ramsgate I could leave my car there - will keep an eye out for timings etc.

Would like to add my congratulations to some great Thanet runs! 

11/02/2008 at 20:12

CB You and me are bestest chums

Whispers very quietly to MF - Who is Mini Me?

I was innocently out running along the seafront this evening, I just happened to have a headtorch and a Charlton cap (I thought that I looked very fetching, my wife said I looked like a pr*tt)  and I was accosted by some lunatics who appeared from the darkness. Thanet has some strange people!

381 to 400 of 10,113 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.