Fans of Thanet

A general forum for runners in Thanet

401 to 420 of 10,114 messages
12/02/2008 at 06:01

Happy (Lunar) New Year (or "Seullal" as it is called here) to you all.

Year of the Rat...

12/02/2008 at 09:26

There is a train from Ramsgate at 9.03 which gets into Deal at 09.21 which sounds like the best bet. Is there any free parking at Ramsgate Station Mark or is it one of these things where you have to pay for the privilege? My ticket covers a total of 4 people, me plus 3, I have now discovered, but as there will probably be just the four of us that's ok.

I got back into the swing of things by doing 13 yesterday, it was absolutely glorious out, so I headed up to the Reculver end of Herne Bay and followed the prom round to Whitstable. We really are blessed with the photogenic traffic free routes we have available to us in this area. I don't know if I could do it if the only routes open to me were pounding city pavements for miles.

12/02/2008 at 11:11

after last nights club run where we spoted some lunatic running along a fully lit street wearing a head torch and a very smart looking cap 

The general concensus is to meet at Ramsgate station at 9.00 and most likely  pile into 2  cars and drive to Deal for the run back.  Mrs F has a hair dressers appointment so the 9.03 train would be a struggle and the next one at 9.40 is a little late.  If you are planning to join us or know someone who is could you please post here so that we can co-ordinate numbers for the cars etc.

Bill there is a pay and display at the station or plenty of on street parking all around with no weekend restrictions

Seoul Man  good to see you still with us  Hope Jnr is behaving herself

12/02/2008 at 11:22
Mark. at the risk of apparently asking a daft question, no change there then Bill, what happens to the two cars after we have all run back to Ramsgate? Does that not mean two people are in Ramsgate and their cars are in Deal, or are they going to run back and collect them, or are they then going to get the train down, hence only two fares?
12/02/2008 at 12:18

I am at work and can't quite get the vision out of my head of Cliff with his head torch in a brightly lit street.

I'm surprised you weren't carted away !!!

12/02/2008 at 13:32

Bill  one car will be a Fostermobile so we will drive back to Deal to collect it later on Saturday the other 1 I think will be driven by Helens Husband who will not be running. 

12/02/2008 at 13:36
OK Sounds good to me, count me in then.
12/02/2008 at 19:18
Mark - any idea how much later? collection of cars that is! If there is room in a Deal bound car I could abandon mine outside the Clarendon and loiter on your door- step at 08.55hrs - if not,  rendezvous point in Deal?

Seoul Man - hi and ratty new year

PSC    pirate
12/02/2008 at 19:25

Loitering in doorways! That's my girl
12/02/2008 at 20:00

I want a special meeting called and that Andy Man cast from the club. I'll have you know I thought that I looked incredibly dapper

The truth is that I thought that I looked a right pr*tt, but what the heck it was in the name of a good cause; running around a field, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night!!!!!!

Thank you Mr and Mrs F for the offer of the lift, I will gratefully accept

PS Bill, I have now got a lift so you are no longer my bestest friend

12/02/2008 at 20:13

Cliff - if I promised to bake cakes for post run recovery would you be my new bestest friend

Just seen the photos for Dover 1/2 - bad hair moment but I am definitely flying

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

12/02/2008 at 20:35
Nice pic bo-bo
12/02/2008 at 21:27
CF Look at the face, is it bovvered?
13/02/2008 at 07:47

Cakes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Now how is the gorgeous loitering Bo bo this morning?

PSC - trust me, I am only after her cakes!!!!!!

Serious point (it doesn't happen very often) won't 15 miles take too much from the tank a week before Marshside or should I not even think about it?

PSC    pirate
13/02/2008 at 08:39

That's ok, but eyes off her buns!

I wonder if I will get any cake?
13/02/2008 at 09:22

bo-bo we thought you would probably want to meet up at ramsgate so that you can run back to your car.  quite happy if you want to come to ours at 8.55 no need to loiter outside you can come in and use the "facilities" if you need or meet us at Ramsgate station.? Oh and nice pic by the way  I have the same trouble with my hair flying about like that  And my pics show I to have joined inch high flying club

Cliff I will briefly join you in a serious conversation, but only the one Ok,  A 15 mile slow run on Saturday should neither deplete or boost your tank significantly as long as you are planning to rest during next week and carbo load..So its totally up to you about Saturday.  There is quite a crowd goind out as its sorta the girlie saturday run + interlopers.

Cakes CAKES who mentioned cakes YUMMMMMMMMMMM

PSC Ive been wondering what delights bo-bo caries in that bottle belt and now we know "BUNS"  

13/02/2008 at 09:38

Could not resist putting this pic on here as it actually shows me in front of Graham and flying.  Thats if the link thingy works

1 inch high club

(Ok so he did overtake me later on but at least I was in front for a while)

13/02/2008 at 10:43
The link thingy doesn't work! You are trying to link to a photo on your own pc's hard drive, it needs to be uploaded on an internet site somewhere. If you put your cursor over the link, right click and open properties it tells you where the pic is stored. If you want it uploded Mark just email it to me and I can give it a home online.
13/02/2008 at 13:14

thanks bill  i think this one should work now

http://www.imagesaurus.co.uk/thumbnail.php?raceID=15&photoID=4525

13/02/2008 at 13:16
401 to 420 of 10,114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.