Fans of Thanet

A general forum for runners in Thanet

81 to 100 of 10,114 messages
29/12/2007 at 17:29
Wow, how long is she out there for Mark?
30/12/2007 at 17:08

Hi guys, just back from a wee trip up north to see my Mammy. I see everybody has recovered from the festivities and is in good form. Went out for a short plod today after two weeks of nothing and boy did the legs let me know!

Mark, I hate to be a nuisance, but can you email me that marathon training programme again please. I printed it out when you first sent it but have lost it in my chaotic non-filing system, i.e. the pile of stuff by my side of the bed! Also, have you put me down for marshalling at the Duathlon on Sunday? I can bring my own vest as Alastair forgot to hand his back at the end of the Thanet 10. Typical.

Santa brought me some running related pressies including one of those "bloody Hell, that's yellow!" tops, so I am hoping to start your programme seriously next week.

PSC    pirate
31/12/2007 at 07:04
welcome back CB - looking forward to seeing that "bloody hell, that yellow" top out on one of training routes some day soon!  We are both lurgified so it wont be in the next 10 days!
31/12/2007 at 09:07
Sends over some virtual lemsip !!!
31/12/2007 at 16:03

PSC

I wonder why your messages keep coming up with a black cross and the word Pirate. The same thing happened with one of Podds messages. Are you two in some kind of secret society?

31/12/2007 at 16:06
I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....
Scared the s ** t out of me.
So that's it!
After today, no more reading.
PSC    pirate
31/12/2007 at 17:17

LOL!  I always thought that reading was bad for you - you've confirmed it CB!!

CB, I could tell you about the yellow symbol that Pods and I (and others) have but then I would have to kill you, and that would never do!  So best I don't tell

Cinders, thanks for the virual lemsip.... I'm hitting this with about 3000mgs Vit C, RDAs of Iron and Zink plus Day nurse, cough medicine, fruit, plenty of fluids, 10 hrs rest/day and it's working..... I've spent 3 days feeling pretty goggy, but am now on the mend.  Still got a dreadful cough, but no longer have the hot/cold/sweaty feeling and aches from head to toe. 

31/12/2007 at 18:56

Lol CB

Good grief PSC, that should surely send the lurg well on its way !!!  Get well soon

See there's some fireworks tonight off Ramsgit harbour, might pop along later.

31/12/2007 at 19:10

I've only just recovered from having a really bad cold.

My cough was absolutely dreadful. Went on from Christmas Eve to today, more or less. 

PSC    pirate
31/12/2007 at 20:11
hopefully that should see me better in time for going back to work then!  Hohum! 
PSC    pirate
31/12/2007 at 20:11
I hate colds......
01/01/2008 at 14:04

Cinders Jnr still hanging in there then ?

Sarah is away for 3 months taking in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, hopefully a quick trip to Seoul to see Lee, then India and Sri Lanka before heading to the highlight of her trip THANIT

PSC hope you are feeling better soon are you still hoping to make the Duathlon next week.  And if so is TRRAC's newest member still p for marshalling (if she is can you e mail me your phone number so I can pass it onto to Pauline.)

CB  I will resend the training schedule again but will do that tomorrow when im back at work as do not have a copy here.  Hope that is ok and look forward to seeing your "YELLOW" kit soon.

01/01/2008 at 14:13

CB  have spoken to Pauline she could certainly use your marshalling services.  If you could come to Race HQ which is located at the Minis Bar/Cafe in minis bay at 9.00 am she will give you a spot to marshall from.  Thanks

01/01/2008 at 15:19

Yep, still hanging in there!!!

Sounds an amazing trip.........and to think Thanit's the highlight !!!!!!!

01/01/2008 at 16:25

A Happy New Year to all our readers! I spent it with a couple of friends seeing the New Year in with a couple or more bottles of beer.

Mark, is the Minis Bar/Cafe that place at the far end of the prom just beyond where the marathon doubles back?

03/01/2008 at 08:55

CB yes thats it.  Oh I have re sent you the marathon training schedule via email.

03/01/2008 at 09:17
Mark. Many thanks for the schedule, I have now saved it in a safe place!
04/01/2008 at 09:37

Hmmm I must be going soft in my old age.  At last nights club training I allowed them to just do a run around Ramsgate instead of the scheduled Speed session

(So a new, New year resolution required, "I must not be tempted to let the Thursday night session become a nice easy trott around Ramsgate")

04/01/2008 at 10:29
Wonders if Mark's resolution will last long????
04/01/2008 at 10:29

will definitely consider carefully which - if any - training sessions I can get to then!

MF7 or fellow TRACCites is there a monthly/weekly schedule? week nights will I fear be impossible but are there any weekend runs planned? I seem to recall PSC being tempted/invited to a Saturday morning jaunt some (considerable) time ago - I do a school drop @ 8am Saturday (in Canterbury) so could be in Thanet 30 mins later. I'll be honest the thought of running with people - me being too slow and puffing away etc - terrifies me

81 to 100 of 10,114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.