First ever GB Olympic medal on snow!!!

6 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
09/02/2014 at 11:53

Anyone else watched the women's slopestyle snowboarding this morning? Great contest, 33-yr-old Brit Jenny Jones doing a flawless run and heading the list for a while. Nail-biting time as she was pushed down into silver, then bronze medal place with 4 still to go - all 4 made errors. The 3 British commentators were all crying at the end, so was I. Well done Jenny!

Edited: 09/02/2014 at 11:54
09/02/2014 at 18:18

No.

I saw the men miss out yesterday though so I'm glad we finally got our medal on snow today. I think it's amazing they can compete at such a high level when they apparently start out on artificial slopes.

Very impressed

PSC    pirate
09/02/2014 at 20:36
Awesome. She put in a really solid run.
09/02/2014 at 20:57

09/02/2014 at 21:09

It was very good. Can't say I'm displeased that the Finn got the silver though! 

10/02/2014 at 12:45

We watched it - and laughed out loud at the ridiculous comments coming from the commentators - honestly it sounded like they were just making up half the names for the tricks!  Then it was all, 'whooaaa Solid' in surf type dude voices........get a grip!

Anyway, onto the more important stuff, super impressive from Jenny and very exciting to watch.  Not so impressive, and slightly sickening, watching the girl who fell really badly and took a serious knock to the head.........her helmet was almost cracked in two.  Hope she's ok - there's been no update.

Loving watching all of the winter olympic coverage though, it's been superb so far.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.