First thoughts on waking

Forum addicts

21 to 40 of 53 messages
04/10/2002 at 13:33
Simon, there'll be a space at my desk this afternoon!! hohoho!

gaz. and you matey!

Caz. Do behave!
04/10/2002 at 14:28
1st thought on waking up - "Christ I've overslept again". Gonna have my 1st run this w/e since New Forest so my 1st thoughts on Monday morning would definitely be Cazzed.
04/10/2002 at 14:38
Tim - I thought you'd given up ironing???

My first thoughts tend to be 'please tell me it's not 3.30am and that actually the reason it is so quiet outside is that it's a weekend and no-one's going to work' Then I lie there wide awake until about 6.05 when I doze for 10 minutes before the alarm goes off at 6.15am. And that's without jetlag!

Hope you are all well - I missed the forums madly while I've been away. Hope Windsor went really really well - I'll look for earlier threads when I've got a few hours to kill (aha, perhaps at 4am !!!)

Happy weekends one and all....
04/10/2002 at 14:47

First thoughts on waking? It depends...

If it's my 1:30am wake-up, then it's usually "Oh God, it's only 1:30am. Better go to the loo".

If it's my 2:50am wake-up, then it's usually "Oh God, it's only 2:50am. Better go to the loo again".

If it's my 4:30am wake-up, then it's usually "Oh God, I've got to get up in a couple of hours. B*gger".

If it's my 7:30am wake-up, then it's usually "Oh God, it's time to get up. What day is it?".

If it's my 8:30am wake-up, then it's usually "Oh God, I've overslept again".

Insomnia - there's nothing quite like it!
04/10/2002 at 15:10
1st thought depend on which bit of the body I'm talking about.
Not wanting to be cazzed, it's ususally:

Oh Christ It can't be that time already
Followed by a scene that resembles that ad on the telly-
" early man.. and it's not a pretty sight.
How I can be transormed into this wonderful specimen so quickly is a mystery.

I do admit, the forum comes into my brain failry quickly, not that I'm addicted doctor. I can control it.. could give it up at any time.
04/10/2002 at 15:10
1st thought depend on which bit of the body I'm talking about.
Not wanting to be cazzed, it's ususally:

Oh Christ It can't be that time already
Followed by a scene that resembles that ad on the telly-
" early man.. and it's not a pretty sight.
How I can be transormed into this wonderful specimen so quickly is a mystery.

I do admit, the forum comes into my brain fairly quickly, not that I'm addicted doctor. I can control it.. could give it up at any time.
04/10/2002 at 15:15
barkles, Now I'm seeing double.
04/10/2002 at 15:21
Being a teacher (I still don't believe it), he's making himself write it out 100 times.
04/10/2002 at 15:32
My morning litany:
"Oh s**t, it's a running morning...
I'll enjoy it once I'm out there.....
And as a treat, once I've taken Small to the station, I can get my honey and yoghourt and log on to the forum........."

That is so-o-o-o sad!

Is there any hope for me? I'm even thinking about getting a separate phone line because of the amount of time I spend on here!
04/10/2002 at 15:37
Sassie, I have to keep logging on and off line when my daughters in because she wants to use the phone and complains because her friends cant get through because its always engaged,
broadband is the answer I think.....HELP !
04/10/2002 at 15:37
At 20 it was "Where the hell am I?" followed by -"hmmm I wonder who that is?"

Now it's

"hmmm, who the hell am i?"
04/10/2002 at 16:07
Actually I have a confession to make, this morning I woke up and thought 'what the $@*£ was that all about! (will I get Cazzed for that I wondr?) I can't tell you what happened or who it was about, but you know what I mean.
04/10/2002 at 16:10
My first thought this week has been:

"today I'm going to get lots of work done and only log on to the forum at lunchtime"

Hasn't worked yet, but its the thought that counts........
04/10/2002 at 16:43
First thing in the morning? "Damn and blast, too late for a morning run - AGAIN!"

Followed by "Which child has been sick on my head in the night, and can I get away with sending him/her to school anyway?" (Sorry, Barkles - I know there's nothing teachers hate more than children chucking in the classroom).

Followed by "WHICH OF YOU LITTLE B*ST*RDS BUILT A LEGO TOWER BESIDE MY BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? And will I ever walk again?"

Followed by Mr V-rap half-opening his eyes and saying, "My mother was just commenting on how none of them looks much like me. Shall we talk about it when you come home from work?"

And that's a good morning.
Monique    pirate
04/10/2002 at 16:56
Yes I say Get off my hair as the youngest gets into our bed in the night and twists his fingers round my hair so when I try to move a big clump is ripped out.
The next thing is to flex my feet to check for achilles stiffness then do the resting heart rate to see if I can have a skive if it's too high.
04/10/2002 at 17:08
Hiya all,

Back from the Shakespeare now. 6 1/2 pints of extra cold Guinnessssssssss.

Love and hugs to you all. Sorry Jon you're dumped....In a nice way of course.:)

The 17:22 to Sevenoaks is beckoning.

Have a lovely weekend all.

Scotty...McDrunk

You won't believe how many times I've spell checked this. Toodle pip..............
04/10/2002 at 17:11
Bye Scotty, have a good weekend. That wouldn't be the Shakespeare on Kingsway would it by chance?
04/10/2002 at 18:09
Before I was off-sick the most common thought was
"Oh crap, I'm late, again. Now I'll never get a parking space"

Since I've been off-sick it's been
"I'm bored, I hate daytime TV. Fern Britten gets right on my nerves, I'll have a cup of tea and check out the forums"

and then spend all day here ... on and off. Unlimited access, that's the key, olus it ties up the phone so I don't have to talk to anyone - for some reason BMW, BT and VW take to ringing in the daytime, "Can I just take up 5 minutes of your time..?" No they can't :)
04/10/2002 at 18:33
OW my back!!
Then see if its early enough for a run
Then yippee, forum
Makes me feel SO popular with all those E mails coming through, even if theyre not addressed to me
04/10/2002 at 21:15
Ohhh Benz, we love you.
21 to 40 of 53 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.