Flab

41 to 60 of 103 messages
25/02/2013 at 13:07

Depends how big the slice is surely?

25/02/2013 at 13:08

Ive factored in 2p for the water .......

25/02/2013 at 13:08

actually that doesnt make sense, if you paid 2p for every cup of water you use, then that would mean every shower would probably cost you like £10 ..........doh!

25/02/2013 at 13:16

It's very special water. Filtered through the running tights of virgins....ewww hang on a minute.

25/02/2013 at 13:23

Here's a slightly different slant, let's see if we can get any empathy on this hypothetical case;

What about someone who has been hugely overweight since they were quite young - say from about 6 or 7 - fed up by their family who also failed to instil any notion of regular physical activity. This individual balloons to a huge weight by the time they leave home and make their own way in the world, when they get a reality check and decide to lose the weight. Is it genuinely this persons fault that they were very fat, and is it their fault, therefore, that they're left with a big sack of spare skin to carry around?

Also, how do you prevent this happening to children?

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
25/02/2013 at 13:27
Rob Walker 12 wrote (see)

Also, how do you prevent this happening to children?

Stop them sitting indoors all day playing computer games

Stop feeding them junk food

Weigh them every week at school and if they are "over weight" make them run round and round the school field until they are back at the correct weight

More than 5 % over weight, Public flogging of the parents

25/02/2013 at 13:45

And how about in the real world? You really don't want to task government agencies with stopping children playing computer games, it's going to be cheaper and easier to just perform free abdominoplasties.......

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
25/02/2013 at 13:47

Real world ?    You mean there is something outside this grey plastic box ????

25/02/2013 at 13:58

The Real World!!

This is the place where you take responsibility for your actions and where your actions have consequences. What you seem to be talking about is a place where you can do as you please then someone comes along with a magic wand or open cheque book to put right what you were directly responsible for.

25/02/2013 at 14:32

@EKGO I'm making no case for free abdominoplasties as a matter of course for everyone. If I was I'd be complaining about not getting one myself!

When you say responsibility for your actions - are you saying that a child is directly responsible for their diet and exercise regime where this is less than ideal? Isn't that the parents' responsibility, while the consequences fall entirely on the child?

25/02/2013 at 14:37
Rob Walker 12 wrote (see)

When you say responsibility for your actions - are you saying that a child is directly responsible for their diet and exercise regime where this is less than ideal? Isn't that the parents' responsibility, while the consequences fall entirely on the child?

So where do the murderers of Jamie Bulger fit in amongst this theory of yours? Did you notice that the parents got away scot free from any criticism (as far as I could tell by press coverage at the time). Shouldnt the parents have been jailed  for clearly failing in their parent responsibilities?

25/02/2013 at 14:37

I've been such a leech of NHS funds.  I've had my broken leg treated (playing football) and had IVF

25/02/2013 at 14:40
Cinders wrote (see)

I've been such a leech of NHS funds.  I've had my broken leg treated (playing football) and had IVF

I dont mind you being fixed up for a broken leg but you should have been made to pay for IVF yourself (although don't tell your kid that, seeing as if it was up to me, he wouldnt have been born - God it sounds harsh when I put it like that)

25/02/2013 at 14:47

Actually we did pay privately for the first attempt.  It failed.  We were just starting tests for the 2nd attempt on the NHS when I got preggers naturally.  And for information we've always said his middle name is Kitchen as that's what our savings were that we raided for the IVF!

Thanks for caring though!

Edited: 25/02/2013 at 14:48
25/02/2013 at 14:47

i'm assuming those that are vitriolic on this issue would also remove HIV treatment for those who contract the disease by use of needles, alcoholics etc?

what about people who are injured doing extreme sports? it is their own fault, right?

if i crash my bike tomorrow and I'm not wearing a helmet, no dice?

for the record, I don't think I should get skin removal surgery on the NHS.

25/02/2013 at 14:49

Actually DF3 that really is quite harsh and upsetting.  You really are a prize dick!

25/02/2013 at 14:52
Cinders wrote (see)

Actually DF3 that really is quite harsh and upsetting.  You really are a prize dick!

Your response is completely childish.

In any case, you went straight onto IVF , then it turned out you got pregnant naturally anyway. Therein lies the problem. How many people who try for 6 months, cant get pregnant, then immediately expect IVF treatment ...... paid for by us. The fact you got pregnant naturally shows you didnt actually need IVF treatment in the first place.

25/02/2013 at 14:53
the dude abides wrote (see)

i'm assuming those that are vitriolic on this issue would also remove HIV treatment for those who contract the disease by use of needles, alcoholics etc?

what about people who are injured doing extreme sports? it is their own fault, right?

if i crash my bike tomorrow and I'm not wearing a helmet, no dice?

for the record, I don't think I should get skin removal surgery on the NHS.

My post at 12:31 on this thread already covers this. I can only assume you didnt read all the posts.

25/02/2013 at 14:55

no offence mate, I don't really read yours at all. love x

25/02/2013 at 14:59
the dude abides wrote (see)

no offence mate, I don't really read yours at all. love x

Doesnt worry me, if you want to make a point about something which Ive already counteracted, you go for your life.

Edited: 25/02/2013 at 15:01
41 to 60 of 103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.