20/09/2006 at 15:07
just off home to dig out my

timberland boots
armarni jeans
le coste shirt
and le coste jacket

may even go and buy some Aramis aftershave

20/09/2006 at 16:17
dan dan - good to see that someone on here who follows proper football!!

20/09/2006 at 20:12
Oh yes, statto, indeed.

Did you travel up to us on Saturday? We were both awful first half, but we should have had the game put to bed by then. Second half , you bossed it totally.

Not much trouble usually in the conf these days, not proper stuff, since Hereford had their 'silverware season'.

Its all these blinking kids all over the shop that we are left with, trying to big themselves up. Daft, when most of them are only about 4 feet tall and all have squeaky voices. As I said earlier, I just growl at them and mostly they b*gger off though.

Only other trouble I have ever had has been down the Villa. Probably had that bluenose M1 on the run in the past...

20/09/2006 at 20:32
I am no longer that person young Dan, and therefore will not rise to your feeble attempt to upset me.

i'm a runner not a fighter
20/09/2006 at 20:32
As well as seeing their dads, Grandads big brothers etc behaving like that, they also have the spoilt brattish, infantile behaviour on the pitch to aspire to. Overpaid clowns who complain at every decision that goes against them, badger referees etc, etc

if you want to see 'proper' football, where supporters and players know how to behave properly, then watch rugby.

Of course, even in rugby there is a minority hooligan element. They are easily identified by a large number 1, 2 or 3 on the back of their shirt.
20/09/2006 at 22:50
When Argyle played at Stoke a few weeks back there were a few young chavs spitting at the official coaches as they left after the game. One even threw half a burger! They were so hard. Then we came behind the official coaches. A minibus full of lads aged 24-40ish, many of whom look quite hard (not me!) and scary - even though we ain't. These Chavs, funnily enough, didn't spit or throw anything at out bus.

I wonder why?
21/09/2006 at 10:15
dan dan

yes i did come up last saturday. a peed off about us missing that penalty , but on the whole we didn't create enough chances against 10 men.

a good point for you at Morecombe on tuesday , we were good in the 1st half against Alty then utter rubbish in the 2nd. on this form we are going down.

we rarely get trouble at home or away. we haven't got any lads to start anything anyway! only trouble we have had is from hereford in a trophy semi final after we beat them and from Worksop in another trophy game.

Some people they call us 'The Friendly club on the Hill'.

oh how we hate that!
21/09/2006 at 10:21
"Of course, even in rugby there is a minority hooligan element. They are easily identified by a large number 1, 2 or 3 on the back of their shirt"

PMSL!

Thats funny............of course us backs never infringe the rules........
21/09/2006 at 10:22
dan dan

Forgot to say ,thanks to the Tamworth fans for the reception given to Charlie Griffin when he was carried off last saturday. He was kept in hospital for 2 nights and will be out for a good few weeks.

It's good to see Scott Bevan playing again , even though it's for Kidderminster.
21/09/2006 at 17:38
I think the problem was mainly the type of match you chose to go to - the Carling Cup.

Because the ticket prices are lower, the kids who would usually be hangin around the shopping centres and bus stations go down to the footy "cos it's only a tenner, innit?" At Leeds on Wednesday there were hundreds of kids I had never seen before, singing boisterously (good) but also throwing full bottles of Coke from the back of the stand to the front and hassling the stewards who were trying to get them all to sit down (bad).

Waiting for the bus on my own after the game, three young scamps approached me and asked me if I was "Leeds or Barnet?" Quickly toyed with the idea of putting on my best southern voice and shouting "fackin Barnet mayt, what you gorna do bairt it?" but decided against it. Not even on our grimmest away days have I been asked that before.

21/09/2006 at 18:13
Wouldn't dream of it TT, too busy looking after your hair eh?
;0)
29/09/2006 at 20:09
One of the best things to do is confuse them.

Last season at Southampton I was walking away from the ground after the game with my Argyle shirt on in full view. 3 lads around about 16 years old came up acting all 'ard and asked if I supported Argyle. I couldn't believe I had just been asked such a stupid question so answered, "No, I support Exeter mate. How did saints get on today?"

You could see a wave of confusion hit all 3 at once.
30/09/2006 at 18:14
I was once on a bus in Manchester wearing (with pride) my Ipswich scarf when some little scroat came up to me and declared "Bury are sh!te". I kind of looked stunned, flapped my mouth about like a dying goldfish and said "Yeah I know, that's why I've been supporting Ipswich for the past 10 years"

Pies will you be at Argyle at Halloween?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.