Formal Do - What to wear? (Urgent help required!)

Going to an Awards Ceremony and husband can't remember if it's black tie - help!

6 messages
21/09/2010 at 21:45

I've been invited to an Awards Ceremony at short notice (this Thursday!) Problem is, my husband can't remember if it's black tie, formal or what! I'm now panicking as I went into town today and bought a dress:

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/evening-dresses/monaco-dress/invt/75222875/&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,eveningdresses

Got pretty black sandals and a silvery wrap to go with it, but am now worried that it's going to be too short and thus be a fashion faux pas. Any thoughts would be greatfully received! About 1000 folks going so won't all be long will it?

M...eldy    pirate
21/09/2010 at 22:02
If you dont know the dress code its not going to be that easy to advise?   Cant you phone and ask?
21/09/2010 at 22:05
Google for photos from last year and see what people were wearing then?
21/09/2010 at 22:12
Not everyone will wear long frocks and that one looks absolutely perfect - stop stressing and just go and enjoy it!
21/09/2010 at 22:28

It is a really nice dress. The fact that it is a shorter dress  means that it will fit in with formal or not quite so formal.

Have a good time ! A few glasses of vino and relax.....

21/09/2010 at 22:29

Thanks ladies! Having googled I finally stumbled upon some photos and amidst all the really well dressed people in bow ties and ballgowns was one of my good friends. Have messaged her and she tells me that although there are some very well dressed people, there is a variety of dress, and some ladies opt for trousers. Feel much happier now.

Thank you all

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.