Forum Alternative Olympics

what are you good at..?

21 to 37 of 37 messages
27/07/2012 at 15:15
Helen Liz wrote (see)

Taking Phil's venue  - can I suggest that this took place in the pub garden? 

If we're doing the cheek-popping thing that should be done indoors because the acoustics are better.  I'm probably over-thinking this though.

27/07/2012 at 15:16

In fact, do you want that event to be in the snug, rather than the lounge bar?

Lee the Pea    pirate
27/07/2012 at 15:41

I'm good at eating.  End of.  I challenge any of you to a contest 

I'm nicking that flapjack recipe, looks good.  I had a great one then lost it; this is v. similar

27/07/2012 at 16:01

Baking. Cakes, biscuits, bread... not so good at eating it though, so I'd need volunteers

I'm also very good at anagrams 

27/07/2012 at 16:03

I can also do this: 

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/509622/gallery/apple-peel.jpg?width=350

27/07/2012 at 16:19
Lee the Pea wrote (see)

I'm good at eating.  End of.  I challenge any of you to a contest 

Oh really now?  I had an audience when I took on the octuple eggburger challenge from Greasy's burger van back in 1989.  Then there's the 48oz steak from Arthur's in Hoboken, NJ.  That was a beast! 

27/07/2012 at 18:19
I'm almost certain I've been to Arthur's in Hoboken

I'm a zen master when it comes to the balancing games on wii fit, and reckon I could win many golds at a wii winter Olympics as well (my ski-jumping and speed slalom technique is pretty damn good)
27/07/2012 at 18:34

im very good at chattering ten to the dozen..fab at childrens creative party food...and am extremely bendy/flexible, can do backbends, leg by my ear...should have a medal years ago for that

seren nos    pirate
27/07/2012 at 19:33
Wilkie wrote (see)

When I was a kid I used to be good at balancing a large pile of (big, old) pennies on my elbow, then whipping my arm down and catching the pennies.

I shall have a go at that later!

I'm pretty good at avoiding doing what I'm supposed to be doing and posting on the forum istead

Wilkie.i totally forgot about that..........my kids have never done that.......i can see that being a good family evening...........better start saving my 2p pieces

i am good at drinking the maximum amount of diet coke cans in a day

27/07/2012 at 19:44

It's interesting how many of these are food related. what does that say about us as afletes?

27/07/2012 at 19:50
Parallel parking. I once got a round of applause from a queue of people waiting to get in to an Edinburgh Festival show, after parking outside in a particularly tight spot. Actually, on reflection, I should have told them it was performance art and passed a hat round.
seren nos    pirate
27/07/2012 at 20:30

I'm good at organising night raiders........games in the dark...........favorite night at youth club........also rainbow maze..........a game taken off crystal maze

28/07/2012 at 13:49

Cat cuddling

28/07/2012 at 17:21
Wilkie wrote (see)

When I was a kid I used to be good at balancing a large pile of (big, old) pennies on my elbow, then whipping my arm down and catching the pennies.

I shall have a go at that later!

I'm pretty good at avoiding doing what I'm supposed to be doing and posting on the forum istead

Wow I haven't done that in years....I must have a go later

28/07/2012 at 17:38

I am very good at turning previously tidy rooms into monuments to untidiness. It's not just a natural gift, I have put in a lot of practice as well.

28/07/2012 at 17:47

My missus wins the Gold medal for "Most Handbags in the dining room"  13 !!

And i once found 11 pairs of shoes in her lounge before we moved in together.

28/07/2012 at 19:33
Child juggling and general circus acrobatic involving a 4yo.

I can also peel an Orange in a single piece, so, when laid out flat, the peel resembles a dimpled Orange cock and balls.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.