Freecycle and people not turning up...

3 messages
Dark Vader    pirate
03/09/2012 at 18:57

What is it with some people and freecycle...?

I have been having a clear out and have given away loads of things on Freecycle...   I'd estimate that about 25% of people fail to arrive when they said they would...  geezz..  I don't understand it..   they get something for free..  just come and get.   If yuo say you'll be here sometime between 5-7 the please either turn up or send me a message to say you can't...

The most common excuse I get when I chase these people up is..  "sorry, I forgot..."

Muppets....!    

03/09/2012 at 20:58

Yes had that, also had them turn up two days late at 7am, I was so shocked and half asleep to hurl abuse at them!!! Its a shame they dont have a feedback rating of some kind!!!!

03/09/2012 at 22:16
If they don't turn up re-advertise the item. If they really want it they'll notice. I must have been lucky, think I've only had one person not show up and I've shifted a *lot* of stuff on freecycle/freegle.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.