Getting your face on the page

Please help

13 messages
31/08/2002 at 19:52
Hi All,
I'm having great trouble getting my "face" to come up on the page. Each time I upload the file it says "picture is too wide - must be 100 pixels". I have made the pic as small as possible using MS Picture it and saving as JPEG and GIF files - what am I doing wrong. AAARRRHHHHHHHHH
31/08/2002 at 19:56
You need Blue Knees- he's a wiz at this stuff.
31/08/2002 at 19:58
Blue Knees please help...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01/09/2002 at 05:32
You need to use a programme such as photoshop or photostudio, or any programme that can adjust photos. Do you have one on your computer? I haven't used MS piture, but it's probably the same kind of thing. The size has to be EXACT. Can't be one pixel out.
You need to go to 'edit' and adjust the picture size to 100x120. Then adjust the picture until it matches that size. Complicated to explain.
Try using 'help' maybe.

It takes a lot of playing around with. I should know - I uploaded mine last night and it took me a little while.

Maybe blue knees can explain it for you better.
01/09/2002 at 05:33
If you still have a lot of problems then email me your picture (full sized photo to give me a lot to play with)and I'll have a go for you!
Beth
01/09/2002 at 10:26
Thanks Beth,
Am going to give it one more try before I take the sledgehammer to the scanner...
01/09/2002 at 13:29
Download ArcSoft photostudio
It makes it pretty simple.
Beth
01/09/2002 at 18:57
I think I've done it, don't know as I am quite dim, but like playing with puter anyway
03/09/2002 at 16:40
Alternatively, if you're still struggling, the easiest way is to go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Paint (Provided you have a PC rather than a MAC) and paste your image in there.

Then select Image -> Attributes. From here you can enter exactly what you want the pixels to be.

All you need to do now is save the file and upload.

Hope that helps..it should save any downloading anyway.

UCP
BK
03/09/2002 at 19:35
Sorry Bean, would have helped you but missed the thread somehow. Beth is a far more pleasant sight on the eye on this thread anyway. Cheers all
03/09/2002 at 20:00
Well - here I am in all my bean glory - I'm a bit dissapointed that the potato looks more realistic than the bean though!
Thanks everyone
04/09/2002 at 06:46
Glad you got it sorted out, Bean. I must say that you're really a good looking chap! I can see why you went to so much effort to get your 'face' on the forum. LOL

Beth

04/09/2002 at 20:07
I'm a girl in real life - thanks anyway!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.