Give us a job

I am completely f'ed off with my boss and the company I work for

1 to 20 of 29 messages
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
06/09/2004 at 11:12
Help

IT professional looking for new job!!!

My moral and patience has finally reached rock bottom, with my boss and all the BS of this new management structure.

Help me get out.

If I could work from home and not have to move back to the uk that would be a great advantage...

Anything and I mean anything considered.

thanks

SB
06/09/2004 at 16:34
Give me £10K to fund the start up my writing business from home and you could have my job! If you can design for print as well as web this could be right up your street!

Based in Cambridgehire.
06/09/2004 at 17:20
Sure it's not your morals that have reached rock bottom, SB. :o)

Don't do anything in a panic. Keep looking until you find the right thing. I hated my last job, but took my time and only applied for jobs I really fancied (no point in doing the "out of the frying pan scenario). Once you start applying for other jobs, you can get a better perspective - the job you are in is paying the bills, feeding you, etc, until you find a better one. Going through the motions is easier once you have made the decision to move on.

Good luck.
06/09/2004 at 19:40
Top shout there, Nessie!
06/09/2004 at 20:12
I need a new waitress SB, what do you look like in a skirt??????????????
06/09/2004 at 20:18
ive only met Swiss twice, but he has lovely legs

Seriously, dont just leave

Plan it like a military campaign, and this time, get what you want and deserve
i agree with Nessie 100%

(im in a similar situation)
06/09/2004 at 20:45
well spotted nessie french "moral" = english "morale" and french "morale" = english "moral"

not surprising a dyslexic like me gets all confused...
oxymoron    pirate
06/09/2004 at 21:15
I got really F****d off with my job earlier in the year so I just quit there and then, my boss phoned me up the following day and in the end I got a 40% payrise and a new car!!!! So sometimes rash decisions can pay off.
06/09/2004 at 21:16
You can have my fecking job as i am still here and only got in "late" at 08:00 this morning.

Luv

Mt
06/09/2004 at 21:31
I have to get this off my chest....

I hate my fecking job too !!!!!!!!!!

Just got a new boss (actually several months ago), who knows less than me about what I do (oh and he full of BS too, in fact that is all he his full of) and he only got the job cos he is a mate of the MD...

Fed up with teaching him the A,B,Cs and listening to his sanctimonious crap ....
Waste of space..

Military plan now in full swing. Have sent email probes out into no mans land heavily loaded with CV material.. awaiting incoming...
06/09/2004 at 22:16
Good luck Cartman
07/09/2004 at 07:05
Right I think we need to set up the URWFRC Career Club!!!

Networking, Idea sharing, etc... and just general support.
07/09/2004 at 07:58
Im up for that
07/09/2004 at 08:06
Hi SB
Good Luck and for what it's worth I think Nessie has it right!!
07/09/2004 at 08:12
Thanks for all the support, I am glad that later in the day I eventually did see my boss, and explained why the new project management process was not working for this particular project.

Which he accepted :-)

a lot of the stress was lifted for now, but I am very aware that my heart is not in this job.

The other certainty is that I want to stay here in CH-land.... I have a little electronics idea, which might be interesting for recovering some of the laptops that are stolen every year...

Any-one work for a computer manufacturer?

07/09/2004 at 13:17
If your heart is not in it the Give it toes mate.
Life's too short.
07/09/2004 at 16:17
I left my previous (very stressful and unrewarding) job without having anything else lined up.

It was the best thing that I could have done and the feeling of relief was enormous. This just clarified how fed up I was.

Good luck
IronM.in    pirate
07/09/2004 at 16:22

RW Career Club v v good plan - I was made redundant last March and am really struggling to find a good job. I'm temping at the moment, but pay is sh*te and am now at the point of do I don't sell my car, rent out my house, leave the country etc etc. Situ not good! I've sent out so many applications its bizarre, but no joy. Am DESPERATE!!!!
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
07/09/2004 at 16:55
Whatever you do ........DONT WORK AT ROYAL MAIL :(
07/09/2004 at 19:29
I reached a point a few months' ago where I couldn't work for my employer any more. I had worked for them for 10 years and I was so unhappy it was making me ill.

So, with the support of Mr Het, I quit. I now have a part-time job which pays about £18K less than my previous job, but I'm happy and healthy again. I am building up some freelance writing work and life is once again fun and challenging.

Not everybody is 'lucky' enough to be able to quit without their current level of income (god knows, it's tough not having the money sometimes)

What I'm trying to say is - if you're that unhappy - leave. Get some contracting work, whatever. Life is too short.... etc. etc.

Good luck

Het
1 to 20 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.