11/09/2012 at 15:18
PhilPub wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)
legend777 wrote (see)

Hardly drink alcohol at all now. Just don't see the point of having a few and feeling rough the next day, especially if I was planning to do a run.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I actually find people are quite unsupportive of not drinking alcolhol. My mates have accused me of only not drinking because I'm taking running way too seriously / obsessed with running (which isn't the case), and even my misses / parents often encourage me to have a drink at social gatherings when I say I'm not interested. Very strange.

Don't know why they are moaning - they get a designated driver most of the time now!

When I started uni last year as a mature student, the uni tried to make a big thing of pushing binge drinking on welcome (fresher's) week. As someone in their mid 30s I didn't bother with it, but it's rather worrying that they are focusing the fresher's week around getting drunk, especially when most of the students are impressionable 18 year olds away from home for the first time.

Welcome to every fresher's week since time began.

It is wrong of universities to be promoting drinking like that though.

Yes Dad!

I'm being serious! 

Oooooh, rectangles! 

They're great! 

11/09/2012 at 16:16
kittenkat wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)
PhilPub wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)
legend777 wrote (see)

Hardly drink alcohol at all now. Just don't see the point of having a few and feeling rough the next day, especially if I was planning to do a run.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I actually find people are quite unsupportive of not drinking alcolhol. My mates have accused me of only not drinking because I'm taking running way too seriously / obsessed with running (which isn't the case), and even my misses / parents often encourage me to have a drink at social gatherings when I say I'm not interested. Very strange.

Don't know why they are moaning - they get a designated driver most of the time now!

When I started uni last year as a mature student, the uni tried to make a big thing of pushing binge drinking on welcome (fresher's) week. As someone in their mid 30s I didn't bother with it, but it's rather worrying that they are focusing the fresher's week around getting drunk, especially when most of the students are impressionable 18 year olds away from home for the first time.

Welcome to every fresher's week since time began.

It is wrong of universities to be promoting drinking like that though.

Yes Dad!

I'm being serious! 

Oooooh, rectangles! 

They're great! 

Yes Dad!

This is such jolly fun!

11/09/2012 at 16:20

legend777 wrote (see)

i reckon this is even worse when you are in scotland. no-one can understand it at all.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.