Great or Tasteless?

You Decide!

18 messages
15/01/2014 at 21:52

There are so many theme park rides in the  UK and all over the world that can blow one away and it's a very big flourishing business. Yes it can sometimes sadly  go wrong.

If you are a kid and are the right height and accompanied with adult you may be

lucky to go on a dare devil ride (if your parents says yes) .  If your heart is good you may go on a roller coaster helter skelter, jaw dropping rides. 

You get the picture.

I was very shocked and horrified when I saw silly actor promoting a theme park ride.The Titanic Ride which will be life size wh ship which will cost over one million pounds it will simulate water pouring into the ship and everyone will have to try and escape!

15/01/2014 at 21:56

Folks what your views on this ship ride to be built in China in 2016?

The Chinese version of "the unsinkable ship", with a price tag of 1   billion yuan (£101 million) and an expected opening date in 2016, will be   built at least 930 miles from the nearest ocean in the central province of   Sichuan. 

Su Shaojun, chief executive of the Seven Star Energy Investment Group that   funded the project, said Asia needs its own Titanic museum. 

"We think it's worth spreading the spirit of the Titanic. The universal   love and sense of responsibility shown during the Titanic shipwreck   represent the spiritual richness of human civilisation," he told a   media conference on Sunday. 

The project aims to be more than a museum that replicates the original ship   and the 1997 movie that became a global hit. The simulation will allow   several hundred people at a time to feel what the shipwreck was like. 

"When the ship hits the iceberg, it will shake, it will tumble," Su   said. "We will let people experience water coming in by using sound and   light effects ... They will think, 'The water will drown me, I must escape   with my life'."

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
15/01/2014 at 21:59
Boring really....
15/01/2014 at 22:00

I just don't care.

15/01/2014 at 22:06

What about all those people who died on that ship?

15/01/2014 at 22:07
I doubt they will bother to go on the ride
15/01/2014 at 22:19

Once I saw a bouncy castle shaped like the sinking Titanic.

http://www.activecastles.com/images/p001_1_00.png

15/01/2014 at 22:20

Half the population (mostly kids) in today's world don't even know about the titanic Karen 

they stupid ! 

sounds a terrible ride too.

15/01/2014 at 22:21
It's Karens juices flowing tho....

She's quivering like a teenage virgin
cougie    pirate
15/01/2014 at 23:57
There is a canal boat that's been converted to look like a sinking Titanic.

For some reason - the Titanic is now an acceptable tragedy ? Enough time maybe ?

I don't see any 9/11 rides coming any time soon. Probably never.
Pudge    pirate
16/01/2014 at 05:11
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

16/01/2014 at 08:25

That there's a group of people that look at "Titanic" and see an opportunity for a fairground rise is pretty crass.

Perhaps they could build a ride that simulates a recent Chinese mining disaster. Which to choose though? There are sooo many...

Morons. 

16/01/2014 at 08:29

I don't think the survivors will be trying it either.

16/01/2014 at 08:43
skotty wrote (see)

I don't think the survivors will be trying it either.

There aren't any....The last survivor died in 2009

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
16/01/2014 at 13:57

Horrible idea, leaves a very bad taste

16/01/2014 at 16:41

Will they be providing the same number of lifeboats the original ship had? ie not enough?

16/01/2014 at 16:54

This bit makes me laugh:

"We think it's worth spreading the spirit of the Titanic. The universal   love and sense of responsibility shown during the Titanic shipwreck   represent the spiritual richness of human civilisation," 

Obviously he's never heard of Bruce Ismay and the controversy that surrounded him.

16/01/2014 at 21:53

Great! And I presume that you can choose which passenger you will be: a first-class female one; or a third-class male and so control the sense of danger (and excitement?).

Yes. It is in bad taste. But did that stop anyone?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
18 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.