03/06/2012 at 22:02

I'm not a cup cake fan either. Too much yuk on top and too much food colouring

OW
03/06/2012 at 22:05

I rest my case

OW
03/06/2012 at 22:09

Here's a grinder for your axe DT

Several forums have people who congregate in daily threads. Maybe they are less intimidating for newcomers? Otherwise can't see the point in closing down busy threads. 

OW
03/06/2012 at 22:09

I dont think Runnersworld has died, just a bit middle aged. It moves a lot slower than it used to.

OW's point about facebook and twitter sounds right. Not only have old members moved on to fb/twitter etc, there are probably less new members joining here as there are a lot of places to choose.

03/06/2012 at 22:18
I only come here because there are middle aged women who I have something in common with and will actually communicate with me.

I'm talking about cake of course.
OW
03/06/2012 at 22:20

<kisses TimR>

OW
03/06/2012 at 22:25
Dreamtwister, in the real world I bore everyone stupid talking about running. I know because I am so boring they tell me. I go on a running forum, so I can talk about it with like minded people.

I'm not fat or female... just middle aged (although running helps me defy that one). I have no interest in cake.

This thread bores me, oh look there's another one.

KK
03/06/2012 at 22:29

The forum is what the people who use it make it. 

And the people who use it get what they want out of it. 

I got a husband

OW
03/06/2012 at 22:33

So if you stay will you become a bigamist sarah  

OW
OW
03/06/2012 at 22:34

Probably should qualify with a  

OW
03/06/2012 at 22:53

One cake is never enough?

03/06/2012 at 22:58
Thank you OW. I needed that.

I tend to click on the 'Latest Threads' link at the top rather than looking through all the different sub-forums. Haven't noticed it being particularly quiet. There are one or two people trolling with two or three 'I'm bored, someone talk to me' type threads. If I'm not busy I'll join in, on the whole it's quite friendly (or I'm very thick skinned )
03/06/2012 at 23:03

My specialality is ginger cake.  I've even had someone on RW comment that my ginger cake was the best thing about the race that he did.

I also make a mean Guinness cake.

03/06/2012 at 23:11

If you want it to be darling

FFS, is nothing sacred?

03/06/2012 at 23:59

A forum is only as good as the people on it want to make it.  This one is big enough for everyone to find their particular corner to gravitate towards.   I usually only use the events and ultra topics because there you have a very common shared interest - an upcoming event.  You can find out far more useful info about an event from a thread than ever you could on any official website, etc, and if you have experience about it you can offer to others if rhelpful.  And it can lead to the possibility of meeting up of course, always an interesting experience.  Some forumites have turned out to be female when I've always assumed they were male!!

I use the gear or health+injury only when I need to, or if someone wants advice.

And then very rarely I have a look at latest posts and post something on a random thread, like this one, which I wouldn't normally do.

Some of the threads, especially clubhouse ones, are so inclusive and full of in-jokes between people who clearly know each very well that I've found there's not much point even trying to get involved.  Some threads are incomprehensible.  I also avoid threads that have a lot of moaning and griping. You can come across a lot of this in your normal life without longing on here and getting another load of it.

Enjoy your running everybody .  Keep the positive vibes going.

04/06/2012 at 00:01

Not a great cake-eater, but I can be tempted, especially if it's dark chocolate and sticky.

kittenkat    pirate
04/06/2012 at 06:20

People frequent forums to either be informed or amused. Whether this happens is up to the other people who frequent the forums.

Taint rocket science.

Hi Blisters

Edited: 04/06/2012 at 06:22
kittenkat    pirate
04/06/2012 at 06:23

TOTP and quite rightly so

04/06/2012 at 08:20

You should try my chocolate and beetroot cakes. They're very nice indeed.

kittenkat    pirate
04/06/2012 at 08:50
They sound revolting, I hate beetroot, can you taste it?
21 to 40 of 138 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.