Healthy Tan

Do people still think there's such a thing?

41 to 44 of 44 messages
23/07/2013 at 16:27
W0nderW0man wrote (see)

The minutes thing is just a guideline used by some charities and manufacturers when people are trying to calc the timing for re-applying. Probably party to steer people away from thinking factor 15 will cover them for the day.

yes, i am sure manufacturers like to tell people they have to reapply every 15 minutes.

(while at the same time claiming their suncream is longer lasting and waterproof)

23/07/2013 at 16:57

You can only try to educate some people WW.

When individuals meet any advice regarding their health with the retort, "Well you've got to die of something", you've got your hands full.

And these same people still expect their advice to be taken seriously.

seren nos    pirate
23/07/2013 at 17:07

but by just concentrating on the sun no other contributers to skin cancer is given out........so how can you get skin cancer in those places that never ever see the skin if its only the sun that is the cause.....

I would like to see more research into what factors...........I know a lot of drugs taken can make you more susecetable to the suns rays.....yet this isn't often discussed,........you are more likely to burn and are they somehow crreating a chemical cockup that could lead to skincancer.....

or is it the chemicals we put on our skins.like moisturiser that makes it more likely to suffer..........as it cocks up the bodies own defence system.......

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 17:07

I think there's a lot to be said for pasty white skin.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.