Help! Tax problems

:-(

21 to 28 of 28 messages
JPenno    pirate
04/03/2008 at 19:17
petrol and car park reciepts etc getting to and from airports, train tickets etc if paid for by card will show on statements
04/03/2008 at 19:24

Erm ... ... guess what, I shredded the lot, didn't think they'd be needed!

Have done some detective work, and have figured out the dates of 11 of the visits I made back to the UK so we are well over halfway there I reckon. I don't think i could've made over 16, so if need be I'll make up teh other 5!

PHEW!

never again. 

JPenno    pirate
04/03/2008 at 19:28
copy bank and credit card statements can be easily obtained, i think it costs £10
04/03/2008 at 19:31

... per page!!!

For future reference, bank and credit card statements should be kept for, I think it's 5 years.  Go steady with that shredder!

Or switch to internet banking and then you can always get your statements on-line. 

04/03/2008 at 19:33

Cheers, could always do that and look for dates I used cards on SouthEastern trains etc.

However, I think I'm almost home free, just need B&B to contact me and then that's it.

it would've been handy if the management company had given me a list of things to make surew of BEFORE I went over there. Never mind.

04/03/2008 at 19:34
It´s not per page it´s 10pound standard charge for the last 6 years you can get - maybe more but I got that.  (they legally can´t charge more than 10 pounds)
04/03/2008 at 19:35

i always used to keep them Minty, but then wondred why I bothered as there was never any come backs. I think I had over 10 year's worth at one stage.

think I will switch over to web banking. 

04/03/2008 at 19:36
On the subject of keeping things my Grandparents still have years worth of receipts from their shop in the 70´s! Every sale... I have no idea why!!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.