Here's what I nearly did at the RW stand at the expo...

41 to 53 of 53 messages
kittenkat    pirate
23/04/2013 at 18:36
SuperCaz wrote (see)

I had to do invoices for my consultancy work that I used to do.  I understand that there is some tax reason behind it.  You can't claim expenses if you aren't an employee therefore you have to submit an invoice, effectively charging RW for your costs.

I might be talking bollox though.  It has been known to happen before.

I've never created an invoice before, and didn't and haven't since... Couldn't someone have sent me a form to fill in or something? It all came about very last minute and I think my gripe was that the owness was on me, when I was doing them a favour and I didn't understand what was being asked of me. It felt like 'Phew, she paced for us and got us out of the shit' and then that was it. I'm not a client, I was a virtual friend saving some butt because the original pacer was injured or whatever last minute.

Anyway, money under the bridge

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 18:40
23/04/2013 at 18:45

Invoice's are easy.  Just put the word INVOICE on the top, add a reference no. (KK1 would do), then provide a list of the receipts and a total and bank details of where to pay it to.  Easier than filling in a form where you have to work out what you are expected to put in the fields.

kittenkat    pirate
23/04/2013 at 18:56

I'm sure they are but... again my point is the owness shouldn't have been on me. I would have helped the person out if the roles had been reversed. So I don't present the information in exactly the way they wanted (which wasn't explained at the time). Ergo, I don't get the money.

Frankly if that's the deal I'm out. Like I said earlier, it's not about the money.

ANYWAY, onto a new era...

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 18:57
kittenkat    pirate
23/04/2013 at 19:38

Anyway in the final calculation, 'Ben' (having inherited the debt) owes me about 35 pints of Stella and a bag of Salt and Vinegar with a pickled egg in it. In return for that I will instruct the boys not to remove his little pinkie.

kittenkat    pirate
23/04/2013 at 20:30

Another point about RW at the expo, in years gone by you have flogged RW branded products (generally a back pack with quite good stuff in it). This year all I saw on my brief visit was a full on attempt in trying to get people to subscribe, with no freebies or meeting RW staff. And some poor young guy trying to flog photos to whoever would bite against a backdrop with their expected finishing time, like it was a bona fido finisher's photo set up. I very nicely pointed out to him that it was tempting fate.

He looked embarrased and demoralised.

He wasn't sweaty at all (phew, saved myself from a ban there), I would even suck up enough to say that if I moved closer, he would smell ok?

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 20:56
kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 06:26
Ben RW wrote (see)

Well this seems like as a good time as ever to chip in and introduce myself, my name is Ben and I am the new web editor of RW, taking over from Katie. 

I am afraid I can offer very little resolve on previous comments, complaints, issues, celebrations, moans and gripes that you have with RW and this forum and I'm sure I'll hear all about them along the way but I just want to reassure you that I will be on this forum listening to you, to your opinions, thoughts, and everything in between. I'll try extra hard to respond to you and for this all I ask is some patience, we are not a big online team despite what you might think and we're always pushed for time be it dealing with events or working on content. Not an excuse, just a fact.

That’s it; I only have one other request – play nice. Even in this thread there are comments that are completely unnecessary and generally offensive. We don’t moderate the forum, it’s in the T&Cs, but we get a whole load of reports and If I think that you’re being abusive and you don’t stop after fair warning, I’ll ban you. It’s pretty simple. This is not a threat set out to antagonize, I’m just giving you a heads up on behaviour that I’d hope you’d all agree is something that shouldn’t be happening anyway.

I look forward to talking to you all.

Cheers,

Ben

I think you'll find that your 'whole load of reports' are generally generated by the same people, and I'm sure sometimes valid but at other times, they will just be through personal (and spurious) online grudges. It's just something in this whole mix of the short straw that is moderation that you've got to be aware of; but I'm sure you are. The same people will complain about the same people constantly, almost irrespective of content. It's not about what's been said but who said it.

They also at a guess are people who don't join in much here or bring their own content, so add very little to the community.

This is actually the least antagonistic or sensationalist forum I've ever posted on, I'm always mildly amused at what some others find outrageously offensive.

I can up my game a bit if you like?

(Disclaimer:The last sentence may have been very tongue in cheek)

ok, on on, work must be done...

24/04/2013 at 08:49
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

I'd be mildly disappointed if I didnt have my own folder on Bens desktop.

There are many out there would probably even reckon it would be entitled "My Documents" too. 

kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 18:03

Lol Bruce.

24/04/2013 at 18:08
Kk,

It's not that hard to submit an invoice. Word has plenty of sample templates. RW will have required you to submit an invoice so that they had a record for financial control and tax purposes. Asking for an invoice is not the same as refusing to pay, the reverse in fat.

kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 19:32
Surrey Runner wrote (see)
Kk,

It's not that hard to submit an invoice. Word has plenty of sample templates. RW will have required you to submit an invoice so that they had a record for financial control and tax purposes. Asking for an invoice is not the same as refusing to pay, the reverse in fat.

Are you calling me fat?!

24/04/2013 at 22:18
Sorry the autocorrect on my iPad. Though maybe if your training has slipped recently....
25/04/2013 at 09:30

KK was the fattest person in the pub when I saw her on Sunday

kittenkat    pirate
25/04/2013 at 16:59

My head is the fattest bit.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 53 of 53 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.