Hild - Latin translation

21 to 31 of 31 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/09/2002 at 14:27
Laura I am sorry to say but no proper techie would been seen wearing anything that could be discribed as business dress ... if they are they are going to an interview!
As for the none intel thing ..... I have a none intel thing at home and it's gooooooood!

sfh legs .... I like your thinking!
11/09/2002 at 21:35
Some of my best friends are techies but I think Ive found out the secret to technical support.

"Turn it off and turn it back on again"

Still Im surprised IT staff arent marathon record holders , Id swear the 10 minutes the system will be down are more like an hour....(Still gives them time to finish the coffee/coke/biscuits/forum thread)

snigger
11/09/2002 at 21:46
"turn it off and back on again "!!

Turns to office "Right lads they've discovered our secret, time to move on ...!"
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/09/2002 at 22:05
You forgot the "speak nicelyto it as computers work better when you talk to them!" and the old favorite of "No of course you aren't being silly, everyone does that!"
13/09/2002 at 13:48
Yes, the whole Latin trainslation was awaiting me in my email inbox this morning!! As it's a lovely, saucy text in the style of Jerome, I'll be sure to post a few exerpts when I find some that are worthy.
Ratbag    pirate
13/09/2002 at 13:59
Hild,

Can't wait...

Will you publish the original and then the translation. just for revision purposes???

No, that's really a bit sad isn't it???

RB
13/09/2002 at 20:53
Alea jacta est - the die is thrown.

Or the dice is thrown if you prefer common english usage, and why not?

More Latin please, I'm starting to feel closer to my own time.
13/09/2002 at 20:55
Thanks Mate.
How's Hector?
13/09/2002 at 21:45
Dead, of course, I killed him, didn't I?

Ouch, that heel of mine giving me gyp again.
13/09/2002 at 22:50
RB, as it's someone else's work, I'll only post the very choicest of quotations. When I get around to reading it!!! Really, it could be months, so don't sit on the edge of your chair for too long...
13/09/2002 at 22:52
RB won't let it die Hildy. memory of an elephant that man.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.