Hild - Latin translation

1 to 20 of 31 messages
Ratbag    pirate
10/09/2002 at 15:04
Hild,

Do you still want any Latin translation done??

As indicated somewhere else - can't remember where, my boss is a bit of a whiz with languages and said he would try a little translation for you.

Please email it to me and I'll see what can be done.

All the best,

RB
10/09/2002 at 15:08
Quo vadis, Ratticus meus amicus venerus?
10/09/2002 at 15:26
Hi Ratbag,

Hopefully, I'm going to get this American woman's thesis, where she does a tranlsation of Cogitis Me. So I don't think I'll need your friend's help (although if the thesis thing falls through...). Also, the edition of Cogitis Me that is currently the 'correct' one in use by academics is not available in electronic format. It's 50 pages, and the woman at the photocopying place in the library would only allow me to copy 7 pages (in accordance with copyright law). So emailing it isn't really possible.

Anyway, I'll let you know what happens one way or another. Fingers crossed!

Thanks,
Hild
10/09/2002 at 15:38
O.K. Me then ignore!
Ratbag    pirate
10/09/2002 at 16:46
Sorry Snoop,

Logged off for a while and did some work.

Nice bit of Latin. It goes well thanks.

Et tu Brute??
10/09/2002 at 17:06
Nihil est.

Tuum es Windsor videro, Septimus 29.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
10/09/2002 at 17:12
Ok so if we can discuss Latin on here can anyone offer me any suggestions for a dissertation ... I start my BSc in Network System Support and Mangement (yes that's right computers!) next month and have no idea what to do!
10/09/2002 at 19:20
Loads of teckies here, alas I'm not one of them.
10/09/2002 at 19:21
Whilst I admire silicone greatly, this sadly is the wrong consistency.
10/09/2002 at 19:22
Snoop, chip or bap man?
10/09/2002 at 20:10
Im sure you could incorporate the forum here Pixie, and thus spend legit time on it at work
How about the effect of RW forum on the efficiency of network support systems?
On second thoughts, that might give the game away for too many people
The Evil Pixie    pirate
10/09/2002 at 20:58
good idea... but then maybe not!
Damn!!
10/09/2002 at 21:03
If I COULD come up with workable ideas then I wouldnt be in this job
Who am I trying to kid
Cant do anything else!!
10/09/2002 at 21:08
Hildy

Alea jecta est. As any fan of Asterix will tell you... but what the hell does it mean?
10/09/2002 at 22:43
Evil Pixie (love your pic BTW), Management want as little to do with Systems Network Support as possible, they just want to know that it's working, preferably with minimum investment and only 2 man hours a week maintenance by the geek that nobody can ever remember the name of, and who drinks all the Coke from the machine. There, that will do won't it? It's OK, you can pay me later.
10/09/2002 at 22:59
Laura
On the ball as ever!
11/09/2002 at 09:29
Isn't the Latin for computer 'hyperabacus'?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/09/2002 at 09:39
Laura I think you hit the nail on the head!
But I think that these s days the techies are more responsible for drinking all the coffee (and therefore the milk) and cleaning the local shop out of biscuits!
"We're WOrking on something important" actually means we've got coffee and biscuits to drink and a really important game of Unreal/Quake/etc to finish!
11/09/2002 at 12:28
EP

just remember that IBM advert when the CEO asks who is responsible to ensure all the differing systems work together.....

I'm sure you could work on " just how much should a CEO know about a company's systems...." the more the better, the less the better are just 2 perspectives!
11/09/2002 at 14:21
Don't mention it Evil Pixie. I love techies really, why some of my best friends work in IT. It's just that they're so, you know, different. And CEOs are rightly terrified of them - they speak in acronyms, wear cartoon character ties, cost a fortune and have the ability to bring down the universe with just a quick bash at the keyboard. I must stop IT bashing now! It's just a front, you know like throwing stones at the one you secretly fancy.

You won't be speaking to me from now on anyway, I've just gone over to the Dark side and ordered myself a lovely new laptop with no intel inside.
1 to 20 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.