Hildy needs help

Musically that is

6 messages
21/09/2002 at 23:36
Hildegard worries me chaps, she reckons she's never heard of any groups and so is turning to music we've never heard of.
Please, for pity's sake, suggest music she can acquire to understand you young'uns.

22/09/2002 at 06:38
The original albums are 25 years old now - but why not try Bowie's "Low" and "Heroes" along with Philip Glass's more recent reinterpretations of both?
22/09/2002 at 10:02
Oh don't worry Barkles, I've heard of these groups, it's just that I'm not too keen on them. But I've just dug my CD collection out from underneath a pile of books, so now I can finally listen to something other than Arvo Part!

Still, I wouldn't say no to some free CDs as a part of my rehabilitation. :)
22/09/2002 at 11:26
Hildegard,

I'm in the process of writing an article for the Musical Quarterly tracing 'an ideological link between Wagnerian phantasmagoria in the Ring and the ethos of the Minstry of Sound'. This requires listening to fairly large swathes of the dancefloor anthem repertory.

I'd stick to Arvo, your namesake of Bingen, and anything else without a stupefying bass beat.

DC
22/09/2002 at 14:06
Don't get me started on Arvo Part... Weird lookingguy!
22/09/2002 at 15:15
Hey Jon
Hildy's having a party.
Let Ratbag know!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.