Hollywood or Bust!

Forum Baking Thread

61 to 67 of 67 messages
30/12/2012 at 15:55
I will attempt it now and provide some picture feedback.

@Bookie - your Nanaimo bars are in the fridge in the "middle" phase as we speak... It smells so good at the moment!
30/12/2012 at 17:52
They are completely delicious
The traditional recipe uses custard powder in the middle layer, but obviously that contains dairy. I hope they don't disappoint!
30/12/2012 at 17:59
Ok, the marathon is nearly complete!

Paleo chocolate cakes: finished and frosted
Bookies Nanaimo bars: finished and waiting to be cut into bars
Wilkie's chocolate torte: finished and cooling down.

I'll post some pics when I upload them to my computer

@Bookie - how long do you leave the chocolate to cool off before cutting them into bars?

@Wilkie - my torte has cracked a bit on the top. Can you think of any toppings that would work? E.g. Melting chocolate? Or something else?
30/12/2012 at 18:09
Which chocolate did you use Emmy? My son is gluten and lactose intolerant and we have struggled to find suitable in our supermarket
30/12/2012 at 18:48

I wouldn't worry about a few cracks Emmy, they just add to the charm

30/12/2012 at 19:04
@by 'eck - I found a 75% dark chocolate in a bio store. I've also used C??te d'Or and in small quantities it was ok. I checked with my friend who has gluten intolerance and she said that the C??te d'Or was ok for them.
30/12/2012 at 19:30
Ahhh, ok. I hope they like what you've made. I tried a gluten and lactose free cheesecake the other day. It was actually quite nice.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 67 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.