Horse meat - nutrition

41 to 47 of 47 messages
20/02/2013 at 16:35

DF3 is correct- I had croc in New orleans last year and it tastes like fishy meat. I like strong flavours generally and can tolerate most things but this really turned my stomach.

FB - I did manage to eat guinea pig in peru, and it's very good indeed. The tender bits are a little like frog's legs and the more well done pieces more like fried chicken. I would eat it again, though I'd probably ask for it not to be served 'spatchcock'.

20/02/2013 at 16:38

I wonder who was the first person ever to try guinea pig?

20/02/2013 at 16:58

That might be gannet you're talking about, fb, although I could be wrong. Apparently gannet flesh is oily and greasy and tastes strongly of fish. If the bird's diet influences the taste of its flesh then the feckin' seagulls in St Ives should by that logic taste of pasty.

20/02/2013 at 17:29

probably the same for gannet as seagull Mutts

albatross on a stick anyone??  

Snap - all the guniea pigs I saw for eating were spatchcock - skewer rammed up it's arse and out of the mouth and then bbq'd.   and there were loads of live ones squeaking their way around the kitchen of this roadside cafe in Peru.   

20/02/2013 at 18:04
In some countries you can buy seal liver oil capsules instead of cod liver oil.
20/02/2013 at 18:53

Seagull eggs are fine. I've had them boiled, and in cakes.

It's cat recipes we really need though.

20/02/2013 at 19:02

I hear you can get steaming poo in the philipines which is nice with spinich.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.