How did you choose your forum name?

61 to 80 of 111 messages
26/08/2012 at 07:58
A reflection of my running style.
26/08/2012 at 08:32

My hash (house harriers) name's No Knickers, but calling myself that didn't seem like such a great idea.

26/08/2012 at 10:10

There must be a story there....

JvR
26/08/2012 at 16:33
Nurse Ratched (Baconlube CEO) wrote (see)
JvR wrote (see)

The initials of my burlesque alter-ego.

Intriguing

I've been taking burlesque classes in Bristol for the last two years, not quite as much over the last few months as its difficult for me to get there right now.

Did a performance for friends last summer and then did a routine in the dance school Christmas show. I was all set to perform in the Valentine's show but had car problems at the last minute so had to pull out . It as that or leave the car with its passenger window down all night in Stokes Croft, thought that might be a bad idea.

26/08/2012 at 17:20

I was born with it !

kittenkat    pirate
26/08/2012 at 17:24
MikeFrog wrote (see)

There must be a story there....

It can never top the story of Blouse vomiting in the neighbours pond, I giggled about that for weeks.

27/08/2012 at 08:58

I used to call myself Elli when I was a kid. I was born and raised near the arctic circle. The reason I'm not Elli from the north is because I like the statue in Newcastle (Angel of the north). I wish I was the statue. I'd like to have wings to spread. But I don't. I'm just Elli. And I dream. 

gingerfurball    pirate
27/08/2012 at 09:19

I have red curly hair

I'm like TP in that I get called GFB more now and I really like it.

28/08/2012 at 10:03

I do Vicary stuff and give bread and wine to the heathen masses.

Blue Saxo, sounds a bit like a cheap drink teenagers would like

28/08/2012 at 10:17

Interesting car theme they all sound like mediocre super heroes 

"I am The Grey Cortina here to fight crime and not start in damp"

28/08/2012 at 10:31
Forum name was an existing nickname given to me by the rowers I coxed - meaning the little one with all the power.

First car name would be Yellow Imp
28/08/2012 at 12:38

Legend became a nickname due to an 'incident' a few years ago - nothing that exciting, but as the quiet one of the group, I think it suprised the others and one of them called me legend and it stuck for a while. It was shortened to leg by some other mates, and now very rarely used apart from by the people who were there that night! The 777 at the end is just because forum name legend is often taken so I just stick that on the end!? I think it has some religious meaning but that's not why I chose 777 and I wasn't born in July '77 either. 

Edited: 28/08/2012 at 12:39
28/08/2012 at 14:37

errrm! my name

29/08/2012 at 11:54

I'm Scottish and like beer

BBBBUUUUURRRRPPPP !!!!

29/08/2012 at 23:11

my first name means beauty bestowed by fairies at birth, a boyfriend (now an ex) said I was more like a fairy bleedin' elephant. 

yellowbedfordvan

30/08/2012 at 09:14

You should all try using your real name for a day or so and see how it feels and whether you could actually continue to manifest yourself that way.

Hardly anyone knows who anyone else is here, beyond a central core of people, because of all these silly names. I think that is a pity.

One thing  I admire Facebook for is getting people to use their real names and real photos. Be yourself if you can.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
30/08/2012 at 09:25
You can have a Facebook page in that of your forum nickname
30/08/2012 at 13:27

???? ?????? ????

I wonder if that'll come out properly when I press the button...

[As for real names, I'll keep those for my friends.  They know who I am.]

EDIT: Nope, it didn't come out properly.  I'll have to go off and find an image to explain myself.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/343542/gallery/because_i_run_-_h.jpg?width=350

That worked!  Anyway, that's why "Ratzer"
(Kee anee ratz - because I run) 

Edited: 30/08/2012 at 13:45
30/08/2012 at 13:38
Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)

You should all try using your real name for a day or so and see how it feels and whether you could actually continue to manifest yourself that way.

Hardly anyone knows who anyone else is here, beyond a central core of people, because of all these silly names. I think that is a pity.

One thing  I admire Facebook for is getting people to use their real names and real photos. Be yourself if you can.

Colin I'm all for "being yourself" on here, but it's still the internet and I don't want the whole world to know exactly who I am and where I live and run, what my family are up to or any of the other things I might post on here.  Every now and again a proper Troll will pop up to reinforce that view.

30/08/2012 at 14:16

Yes but you can use your real name but don't reveal, about yourself, what you aren't happy for the world to know. I think the practice of sites getting people to hide behind false names is silly and misguided. No one gets to know who anyone is. I may know a Mr Puffy, but you aren't a person to me. You are just a pseudonym from which noises emanate.

Edited: 30/08/2012 at 14:19
61 to 80 of 111 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.