How do you spend Sundays?

1 to 20 of 23 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
26/10/2002 at 20:35
Sunday is for us the best day of the week, we're always on the move - a race, or run swim run, or run and then mountain bike followed by hiking with the dogs. My church is the forest. Lunch is most likely the cereal & fruit we didn't have for breakfast. Some time in mid-afternoon, coffee and cake. Evening time we eat dinner washed down with a couple of bottles of red wine, and then watch a video. How about you?
26/10/2002 at 20:40
i get up and chases my black labrador round the field (he doesnt run properly with me, he just plays with me if there's no other dogs, which there usually isnt on a sunday morning), eat a large breakfast (usually spaghetti or noodles or something)then go to the animal rescue shelter and walk a few of the dogs there.

the afternoon is reserved for a long run in the pinewoods /sand-dunes, i live on the coast in merseyside which is great for running! if i'm racing, then i'll be walking the dogs in the afternoon instead!
26/10/2002 at 20:42
Wow Ironwolf, can I come and stay...

(Specially as darkthings are afoot on the darkside and I'm feeling very homeless)

Tomorrow am running a 1/2 with Bear and Foxy in a hurricane/deluge at Stroud.

Running, running, running
how good that word sounds
[slinks back to the place where that word can not be mentioned and where no birds sing...]
26/10/2002 at 21:08
ldb - absolutely, as long as you don't scare the wolf pack!
We're out on the darkside too but white hides can't hide, if you see what I mean.
26/10/2002 at 21:23
And greet Bear and Foxy for me - hope you all have a wonderful run in spite of the weather. (slinking back to the dark, where even white wolves feel safe in the moonlight)
26/10/2002 at 21:51
Our Sunday usually starts with breakfast in bed, then snuggle down for another hour or so under the duvet. When we finally emerge (about halfway through Steve Wright sunday love songs), he goes out on the bike for a couple of hours and i go for a long run. We usually meeet up in the shower, then go for a wander and play hunt the sunday newspaper which may be from any of the local garages. After that we'll either walk or drive to a park/lake/stately home/cinema to have a wander/watch a film/find a cafe, then home for dinner and a snuggle on the sofa with a large pot of tea, packet of biscuits and good books. Bed when the heating clicks off!!
26/10/2002 at 21:55
hey severa
nice to see you posting again - did you get some fell shoes and do your fell race?

DS sounds nice - especially pots of t!

Im recovering from playing hockey then trying to start running so go for a walk/ lope round local golf course
26/10/2002 at 22:05
This Sunday I shall be mostly Running a light recovery run, swimming with Barklettes and then drinking to excess.
Followed by snoozing and similar stuff.
26/10/2002 at 22:12
I try to keep Sunday completely for "me" stuff - rather than doing chores like shopping and all that.

Generally go down the gym or for a run in the morning, particularly approaching the marathon. After a twenty miler before lunch I wasn't fit for much else for the rest of the day - just a stretch, a sleep, and maybe a visit to the sauna at the gym and another stretch in the evening.

Worse thing - if I still have some marking or preparation to do for Monday - ugh!
26/10/2002 at 22:16
Sunday morning am cycling then going to the gym. Once the necessary exercise is over its home for a huge Sunday lunch with lots of red wine. I deserve it as I will have exercised.

In the afternoon it is walking the dogs and allegedly studying. The lunch tends to kill of any ideas of studying and even if I do study the red wine ensures that I do not remember any of it.

Early bed in the evening as I have to get up at 6am on Monday morning.
27/10/2002 at 09:06
Sundays for me are usually church, church, church, but I've now got a week off, and got the new puppy yesterday, so today is going to be about poo, wee, poo, wee. Oh joy!
27/10/2002 at 10:03
get up about 8.30, make a cuppa tea, go back to bed, bonk the Mrs, get up again, buy a paper at the local Alldays, go back to bed, listen to the Archers omnibus, get up again, go for a long run, lunch, watch Sky Sports footy and telly for rest of day, bed again.
27/10/2002 at 11:18
Hangover - sleep - read the paper - go on long run / race.

(in a variety of different orders)
27/10/2002 at 13:33
Lie in bed and contemplate a long run - recently haven't managed to get out on one. Get up, shower, let the dog out, get the little one her breakfast, read the papers cover to cover,warn older two that the cafe is closing, help 10 year old with a Maths Common Entrance paper and a bit of maths coaching if she'll listen, hubby cooks a roast, open wine while waiting for Aga to do its stuff, eat lunch, wash up, go for a walk or lounge in front of TV, get kids to get their gym bags together, put their uniform out for tomorrow, warn au pair about the shape of our working week, get kids tea, bath them, check all three for nits/lice, put litte one to bed, open another bottle of wine, eat a salad, veg in front of the TV and wonder where Sunday went...
27/10/2002 at 14:02
Daisy - similar to mine.
(Well apart from the au pair bit, oh and the hubby bit obviously plus I haven't got a 10 year old!).
Did a pumpkin for halloween today though - that was a bit different. Didn't realise how sticky they were inside...

PS Haven't got a dog either!
27/10/2002 at 15:37
OK done the running bit, now doing the drinking bit in honor of our Dublining chums, as promised.
Dollie    pirate
27/10/2002 at 15:47
Spent all this Sunday sorting my computer out. Usually use the one at work but as we're off for half term I thought I'd better get home one sorted out. Now that I've found the forums would feel quite lost without it/them for a whole week. Now that I've done it though I think I'll go back to the sofa and finish reading Sunday Papers. No running today due to uninviting weather -did do nice 4 miles yesterday though so not being too lazy.
27/10/2002 at 16:23
Sunday mornings at this time of the year always involve standing on the touchline of a rugby pitch. Both the youngs play and I am to be found in support. Afternoons are generally spent chasing youngs for their homework, preparing for Monday. Evenings are 'my time' I either run outdoors or on the treadmill at the gym (more likely in this weather).
27/10/2002 at 17:41
I too did the pumpkin bit this afternoon, made two lanterns and tried them out tonight - look quite scary!

Had my run this morning. How was Stroud, oh you intrepid ones?
KR
27/10/2002 at 18:15
I work a 10 day shift cycle so Sundays aren't always Sundays if you see what I mean. Today I was on morning shift 6am-1pm then off to Totton for a 10k. Now its time to veg infront of the telly, open some wine and eat lots! Feeling suitably smug having done my bit of exercise!
1 to 20 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.