How long have you been married/in a relationship?

121 to 125 of 125 messages
seren nos    pirate
24/07/2011 at 18:22
clag.......glad that you could have a lovely wedding the way you wanted it
24/07/2011 at 19:21
Clag wrote (see)

The past has certainly led us to be far more open and honest about things. Nothing festers in our relationship, if someone is having doubts or is unhappy about something it is shared, and I think this does make things stronger.

I think that's one of the keys to a good relationship. 

One of the worst things I see is men who "store things up", bend over backwards to be "nice", not rock the boat etc. I think maybe they know the relationship is not going to last, so they want to be seen as the "good" one when things do finally go wrong. They swallow their discontent, and then eventually explode and storm out, or have a midlife crisis or something, which may be the first thing their unfortunate spouse knows about it. I expect women do something similar (saving up grudges) though it tends to be men I talk to.

24/07/2011 at 19:24
Completely agree Mike.  (Some) women do the opposite, are forever slagging off their OH.  I can't help but wonder, if he's that useless, why did they marry him?  Or was he not like that until he lived with them, which speaks volumes
25/07/2011 at 13:02

I've always thought it a bit disrespectful to slag off the OH when he/she isn't present and can't present their side of the story.  If you don't have respect for each other then the situation can't possibly last.

There is a difference between needing to get things off your chest in a frustrating situation and putting someone down for the sake of it.  Some people don't seem to know where that line is.

27/07/2011 at 22:45
Hi Guys...Supercaz is right. Lets try not to put the OH down too much and take a look at ourselves. Takes two too tango and all that....COMMUNICATION is the key to everything good.

Been with my wife 20 years and married 17 years.....Happy times but sadly coming to an end which is not of my choice all through no or miss-understood communication

52 and feeling fit running 4-5 times a week but now no one to share it with.....
Time for a drink (tea/coffee I may add)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
121 to 125 of 125 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.