How many times have you dialled 999 in your life?

21 to 29 of 29 messages
07/07/2014 at 19:06

Once. I thought I was having a heart attack. It turned out to be a panic attack (the first one in my life!). I was very embarrassed, but the paramedics were very nice about it.

07/07/2014 at 21:18
One, for a fire on the common opposite my mum's house. There was one summer in the 1990s when there were a lot of fires there. Think the was a local kid with a penchant for lighting fires as it happened for a couple of years then rarely has happened since.
12/07/2014 at 10:29

Dialled 999 this morning on seeing a pissed up girl passed out in Victoria Park. Had to cut my 20miler short at 16miles too. Stupid bitch. 

12/07/2014 at 20:52

Damned if I'd cut short any of my training runs for stuff like that.

Once had to do cpr on a guy for 20 minutes who then had the audacity to remain dead and then a couple of years back when I came across another who caused the cancellation of a golf tournament when he decided to stretch himself by the neck until dead from a tree.

At least I was spared the inconvenience of getting my phone out, due to bystanders.

12/07/2014 at 22:27

If someone is passed out how do you know they are 'pissed up'?

12/07/2014 at 22:30

I've dialled 999 loads of times, most recently when I saw someone walking along the hard shoulder of the M25.

I once called 999 from inside a police station in London after I went in and told them I'd seen an industrial unit been broken into 100 metres down the road. Foolishly i thought someone there might respond but apparently not...

13/07/2014 at 09:28

2wheels- she reeked of booze. Another runner had found her but didn't have a phone. I suppose you never know if she had another condition or has been harmed in some way but in all likelihood she was just a reveller who had had a few too many. I called it in but the operater had issues with maps and kept asking me for the postcode of the park. Helpful that. 

Then the park keeper turned up but only wanted to talk his own language which I think might have been Bengali. Anyway he was more interested in lecturing the bint to cover up her baps than in first aid. evneutrally he and the 999 guy managed to communicate how to get an ambulance in to thd park and where to meet. 

the piss head herself was threatening to come to and kept mumbling about how she'd be alright and just wanted to go home. At which point she's get up and fall down again. 

after all this I had time for a last lap of the park before I had to get going. Toddlers' Pancakes and rice crispies don't serve themselves, after all. 

Edited: 13/07/2014 at 10:10
13/07/2014 at 12:06

That makes sense, i assumed you meant comatose. Scary how vulnerable some people make themselves, she's lucky not to have been robbed or assaulted

13/07/2014 at 13:54

You never know. She might've been taken advantage of and dumped in the park.  Still she still had her purse and stank of booze so it's a safe bet she was just stupid   

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.