How old do you want to be ?

Can you still run at 97 ?

21 to 34 of 34 messages
22/09/2002 at 07:27
I will live to be 94. What a morbid website - the countdown clock is brill! ha ha

I'm going to have a big party on Saturday September 4th, the day before I die - you're all invited - those of you still with us!

Have you also seen www.realage.com. This one will cheer up you fit people out there. It takes a bit longer but it is really interesting.
My real age is 23.

Beth

22/09/2002 at 07:28
Sept 4th 2066 that is. Be there or be dead already!
x
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
22/09/2002 at 12:50
Sorry Beth, I'm due to expire 20 years earlier at the age of 97! (Hopefully after reaching the Finish of my last marathon race.)
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
22/09/2002 at 12:55
HEY - my math is notoriously weak, but if you die 20 years after me at 3 years younger, how is it that I'm presently 30 years older than you?
22/09/2002 at 13:02
Damn statistics
Hey, If I die before I'm 92, can I sue?
22/09/2002 at 13:29
I don't know how old you are now, Sheila, but a lady should never really disclose her age as unashamedly as I have in my member's name!

Barkles, I'd be pretty happy to die a bit earlier than 94. Another 54 years on this planet? It seems surreal.

22/09/2002 at 19:23
Thanks Beth 30

Not that I'm obsessed or anything but I've just calculated my real age and I'm 5.3 years younger than my calendar age.

I think I feel a large glass of white wine coming on...
22/09/2002 at 19:40
yep, alcohol seems to be cancelled out by exercise
Im 4 years younger tha my real age, even allowing for more than 2 drinks a day and sun exposure and sleep deprivation and a crap diet
Does someone from RW write that website?
OB
22/09/2002 at 20:54
My realage is 7.6 less than my actual age but as I'm a very old codger, in percentage terms its not that much!!!
22/09/2002 at 21:36
I'm not going to visit the site as I don't want to know. However here's a problem to work out on a long run. If I'm 35 excluding Saturdays and Sundays, how old am I really? Incidentally it's only theoretical as I'm not the age it works out at.

Answers on a postcard...

SY3
22/09/2002 at 22:15
Hi all, a newbie introduces himself to the forum . . .

The thought occured as I read through the thread, in general do runners actually think or care about life expectancy all that much ? Lots of non-runners I know are overly-obsessed with age/life expectancy/personal vanity and other countless unknowns, and (sweeping generalisation) seem to think there should be some kind of instant payback as soon as they have become a member of their local gym!

Hey, give me a life in the fast lane (a sub 3hrs PB after 18 years of trying would be fantastic) and the rest is que sera, sera.

As with Sythree, haven't visited the site in question and frankly, who gives a flyer?

Rant off.
On consideration if I am now 47 now but currently running 25 miles a week but previously ran regularly 80 miles per week but now stick to a far healthier diet during the week but tend to drink more alcohol at the weekend than I used to, but then again my quality of sleep is so much better ???

So, anyway, back to the point, are runners more/less obsessed about life expectancy ?
22/09/2002 at 22:37
Welcome strawb
I only take notice of the good news. I've just found out I'm only 36.1, not 40 at all.
Fantastic. Thanks for the tip Beth.
Off to celebrate with more alcohol.
24/09/2002 at 21:29
Hello strawb - definitely less, as less is more, isn't it? I'm amazed that no one has worked out the answer to the puzzle I set, or perhaps it's more likely that no one could be bothered. Answer is 49. And I'm 42 tomorrow - and I really don't care!

SY3
25/09/2002 at 22:36
Sythree,

Happy 42nd, or should that really be 49th, or should that really be somewhere in between based on some kinda compromise ?????
Anyway happy 45.3th birthday by my book !!!

ps. what puzzle ?

pps. they probably couldn't be bothered but give them time (is this in some way perhaps be linked to an age group and personal vanity theory . . . hey, we are suddenly back on to this particular thread . . . I think ???)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.