I have never done anything

41 to 47 of 47 messages
27/11/2012 at 12:21

Early morning tea is a good one  

Flowers also very good. Mr X buys me roses every Valentines Day, 1 for each year we've been together  I love little spontaneous presents now and again, even something as basic as a packet of Salt & Vinegar Squares when I've got a hangover or buying a random magazine because there was a big article about one of my favourite books in it (it was like a budget-version of the Old Spice advert ... "look inside the oyster, there are two tickets to that thing you love")

27/11/2012 at 18:33

What if you allergic to flowers?

A (gay) male friend of mine was once coming around for dinner - he made great play of the fact he had been to this shop and that shop to try to get me some 'cut flowers' for the table, but couldnt find any . (This, I assume, is what he thought 'women want').

Secretly I was thinking thank god, cos I would have been sneezing all night and after he had gone home would have just thrown them out!

Men - check your gf doesnt have hayfever first .

27/11/2012 at 21:19

treat them mean keep them keen.

27/11/2012 at 21:20

I have no idea who first came up with that saying Robert, but I bet he was single.

28/11/2012 at 10:42
Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
It is simple Wilkie, that was my point. Unfortunately though, women don't always see it that way. The words "thanks, it's a lovely" are spoken with a look that adds an unspoken "but it was among the first half dozen you looked at, wasn't it?".

Only women can give other women cards that are truly appreciated.

It's the time of night for sweeping generalisations!

I can't speak for all women, but I certainly don't look at a card someone's given me and think anything like that!  

28/11/2012 at 11:00
Tigerspaw wrote (see)

A (gay) male friend of mine was once coming around for dinner - he made great play of the fact he had been to this shop and that shop to try to get me some 'cut flowers' for the table, but couldnt find any . (This, I assume, is what he thought 'women want').

Secretly I was thinking thank god, cos I would have been sneezing all night and after he had gone home would have just thrown them out!

Given that he didn't find any, did you put him out of his misery and explain you're allergic to them anyway, just in case he was thinking of doing the same again?  After all, I'm sure even gay men struggle to work out "what women want".  We can't all read minds like Mel Gibson. 

28/11/2012 at 12:40

Phil - he went on about it for quite a while so yes I did say to him nicely later on not to worry about it because I have hay fever and couldnt have flowers, plants etc in the house. I told him next time just to bring cake . So what did he bring next time? Yogurt...............because they were on offer at 3 for 2 in the local shop and he is always one for a bargain .

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.