I have never done anything

1 to 20 of 47 messages
26/11/2012 at 11:08

that I didn't think might impress women

what motivates you?

26/11/2012 at 12:18

Food. I really would respond to a carrot rather than a stick - but only if it was actually a sausage.

Edited: 26/11/2012 at 12:19
26/11/2012 at 12:19

I've never done anything that impresses women!

What motivates me? The little voices inside my head. I've always been self motivated and never concerned what others think off me.

26/11/2012 at 12:29

Good for you Eggy. I think that is what they call...maturity.

i have never done anything that impresses women either but it is always my express intention

screama - good one. ok perhaps there are Two things that motivate me. although i only ever cook nice food to impress women. if it's just me I have a pot noodle.

Edited: 26/11/2012 at 12:30
26/11/2012 at 12:34

Different things in different situations, I guess.  Not impressing women, at any rate!

I work because I need money to live on and view living on benefit as the very last resort.  If I won the Euro millions I'd give up work immediately.

I run and cycle to keep fit, so don't push myself particularly - winning is never on the cards in any case, not even my age group!

26/11/2012 at 13:02

Your kitchen must be an interesting place Dude, one cupboard full of balsamic vinegar, shiitake mushrooms and truffle oil and the other full of Pot Noodles 

26/11/2012 at 13:18

Don't forget, he's trying to impress the women of the forum by starting this thread.... 

Not sure how admitting to eating Pot Noodle will help, though.

26/11/2012 at 13:23

Dude, - Being a Husband and a Father of two daughters in their 20s, I sympathise, I have had 30 long years of learning that it is nigh on impossible to impress women. Unless you

1) make tea every morning before they get up for work.

2) fix hair driers and straighteners

3) unblock toilets and sinks

The rest you can forget 

26/11/2012 at 13:34

That's a good point Wilkie 

EKGO, speaking as a wife and a laydee, those things are much appreciated but what we are really impressed by are the small, seemingly insignificant things that you chaps probably overlook because you don't see their importance.

It will be different things for different women too so sorry if that makes it more difficult, we aren't deliberately trying to be awkward 

But, as an example: I don't want flowers on Valentine's Day I want them on, say, May the 27th, for no reason at all just because you were thinking about me.

That sort of thing earns BIG Brownie points 

Edited: 26/11/2012 at 13:35
26/11/2012 at 13:35

I'm noting these down. hair driers, toilets, make tea. got it, right. this is GOLD.

until now I thought that running fast and doing lots of press-ups would do the trick.

wilkie - by starting this thread I am demonstrating that I am sensitive to women's needs and that I am willing to put them first

26/11/2012 at 13:35

May 27th for flowers. check.

26/11/2012 at 13:36

i should have done this years ago.

26/11/2012 at 13:41

The RW forum is the fount of all knowledge, you know that Dude 

26/11/2012 at 13:44

Sometimes I do things to impress the Bidie-In's mum and dad. yesterday I took their dog for a walk. that impressed them a lot. i have less success when I speak, but I am working on that.

the more I think about it, I am quite a rounded human being really.

26/11/2012 at 13:46
Screamapillar wrote (see)

It will be different things for different women too so sorry if that makes it more difficult, we aren't deliberately trying to be awkward 

Speak for yourself 

Cheerful Dave    pirate
26/11/2012 at 13:47
Screamapillar wrote (see)

But, as an example: I don't want flowers on Valentine's Day I want them on, say, May the 27th, for no reason at all just because you were thinking about me.

That sort of thing earns BIG Brownie points 

It does, right up to the point where the lady in question realises that you're only buying her flowers when they're cheapest. 

26/11/2012 at 13:49

Things that impress me include: a birthday card, on my birthday, purchased BEFORE my birthday (and a present wrapped in gift-wrapping paper rather than a couple of pages out of the Sunday supplement magazine is good too).

I know chaps don't put as much importance in cards, but ladies like them.

26/11/2012 at 13:55

Dave - those one bought at the petrol station or outside the Co-op don't count 

26/11/2012 at 14:06
Dude - beware. May 27th could easily turn into November 2nd for no apparent reason and you will be expected to know this without actually having been told about it
seren nos yn canu    pirate
26/11/2012 at 14:12
Willie...speak for yourself...don't like cards at all.....but a bottle of piersporter is always welcome.
1 to 20 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.