I love running

because...........

41 to 46 of 46 messages
02/10/2002 at 21:00
My motto is "never say what if"
02/10/2002 at 21:54
I run because my family told me,i was too old!Run the london marathon they said,impossible!But i did it,then injury struck.So now they said you'll have to give up.No no and thrice no, we are now managing some gentle gym work and waiting for a scan that will hopefully give me a clean bill of health.I will run forever.......
02/10/2002 at 21:57
Well done you
Dont let theb###ds grind you down
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
02/10/2002 at 22:32
Yeah to that! I've got osteoporosis, but so what? I don't let a small thing like fractured bones slow me down - competing in Ironman triathlons I've seen blind people or people with only one leg finishing! In tri circles there's a very famous kid named Rudy Garcia who has no legs but is a fierce triathlon competitor - if he can do it, so can we able-bodied folks!
03/10/2002 at 00:01
To enjoy the feeling of getting into the Zone after the first mile or so, the breathing sorts itself out, the heart rate steadies and there is no-one else there.
Even if you have a bad run you are still happy you made the effort to go out.
The feeling of setting a target, long or short term and achieving it. Having the confidence to say that you can, even if others wonder why you bother.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
04/10/2002 at 20:16
MartinH and Billyboy - do you guys ever go to Volksmarsch events? John & I often run one on a Sunday for a change in route if we're not doing a race anywhere

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.