I need your help guys please.

After the last couple of years we don't need this when we we finally had something to look forward to.

41 to 52 of 52 messages
kittenkat    pirate
10/12/2012 at 20:43

I'm unsure whether he got the message correctly about 'not tonight' meaning sex or the holiday. I guess all will become apparent in the morning.

Edited: 10/12/2012 at 20:44
10/12/2012 at 20:50
You only know you have had sex in the morning ! Weird
10/12/2012 at 21:11

Basic manners - no need to wake them if it's not necessary.

kittenkat    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:34

11/12/2012 at 09:06

Well done, not a bad outcome.

11/12/2012 at 11:03

Followed this over the last couple of days - without comment as I didn't have anything either usefull or not to say - but I am glad it worked out ok.

11/12/2012 at 11:31

Glad you got it sorted KK.

17/03/2014 at 15:18

This area of law got discussed on ''Moneybox'' on Radio 4 on Saturday 15/3/14.

A guy had booked a holiday, but the week before he was due to go, he was forced to cancel due to personal circumstances. Thompsons, the holiday company in question, refused to refund anything, saying he had to pay the full 100% of the cost of holiday for the late cancellation. He monitored the bookings website and got evidence that Thompsons must have managed to relet the hotel rooms and sold the flights to someone else, since they disappeared from availability after four more days. He  took Thompsons to the county court, arguing he shouldn't have to pay anything like the full cost of holiday. The judge agreed with him, holding in his favour, saying the holiday company can only charge a person cancelling a holiday an amount which represents a genuine pre-estimate of the company's actual loss flowing from the cancellation, not a greater sum than this.

(Apparently Thompsons might be planning on appealing the decision.)

You can listen again to the 15/3/14 Moneybox program here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/moneybox

--

Edited: 17/03/2014 at 15:19
17/03/2014 at 16:57

Of course Thompsons will appeal. A precedent has been established which will leave them liable for every case like it.

Cheerful Dave    pirate
17/03/2014 at 17:38

Presumably only for cases where they manage to re-let the room etc, not simply for every cancellation.

Of course, they may decide it's easier just to not bother re-letting rooms like that, and just keep the original payment.

17/03/2014 at 17:48

I heard the original on Saturday

I think a comment was made along the lines of this not setting a precedent and every case might need to be looked at separately.

fair do's to the guy doing his homework and having the balls to take TUI to court

kittenkat    pirate
17/03/2014 at 18:39
fat buddha wrote (see)

fair do's to the guy doing his homework and having the balls to take TUI to court

Yes this, but I think it's a shame that you have to have the balls to do it rather than in being something that everyone feels confident questioning.

Reminds me of the time I took on the Blackberry/Ebay nasty woman. Really not pleasant but it exposed her as a crook and her whole operation got shut down.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.