I saw a mouse, where? there on the stair....

Well actually in the kitchen.

21 to 27 of 27 messages
01/05/2013 at 22:47

My mother in law had mice and she didn't do anything about it. House stank of mouse urine.  They also chewed through the electrics leading to her having no electrics or lights downstairs.  The electrician refused to enter until the mice were exterminated.  Only that persuaded her to call in the exterminators.

There are also some rather nasty diseases spread by mice.  As well as flees obviously.

01/05/2013 at 22:49

Huane traps don't work.  To get rid of them you have to kill them.

01/05/2013 at 22:58

Put the traps near the bin.  The only time we had them they were getting into the kitchen bin.  Killed eight of them then they went away.  Would hear the thwack of the trap springing, then the pater of their death rows, then put on the marigolds and chuck the body in the bin.  You should tell your landlord.      It is his responsibility to get the exterminators in.

02/05/2013 at 11:05
kittenkat wrote (see)

We have huge rats here, but all farms do.

I have small rats (but they are rats!) in my loft.  I use a combination of traps and poison.

Humane traps are all very well, but if you release the mice, they will come back!

02/05/2013 at 12:05
seren nos wrote (see)

we put chocolate in the human mouse traps instead of cheese.apparantley they like it more

i am sure they do but I have never tried trapping humans.

12/05/2013 at 22:39

Lol skotty!

mouse traps have come up. After a week the mice had successfully avoided them completely. Maybe they don't like peanut butter as it hadn't been touched. Thought maybe they weren't getting in but one ran across the room while I was watching tv. Next plan, contact landlord.

13/05/2013 at 16:49

I used to be very tolerant of mice until within a few weeks they had replicated... they breed like, er, rabbits.  Kill them now before they take over and infest everything.  The smell is disgusting and really hard to get rid of.  I never kill spiders though

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.