I will be very sad when the Brighton marathon is over .....

181 to 200 of 394 messages
23/03/2013 at 21:29

There are some fertile imaginations on here I'll say that....

23/03/2013 at 21:30
screamy and DF3 sitting in a tree..............
23/03/2013 at 21:31
Stevie G, that made me lol
23/03/2013 at 21:43

Sussex Runner, were you surprised that 20 miles was a bridge too far for our intrepid trio???

23/03/2013 at 21:44

just had a quick read of the last couple of brighton pages and burst out laughing at davids post about cheering louise up.    although no one acknowledged it, i think you may have a record for being on ignore in that thread.  

reading how someone did 8m in 2hrs, (15min pace) is jaw dropping. But in fairness what that person will achieve and feel when they cross the finish at brighton will be much greater than any feeling i will probaby have in a race this yr.  So some credit to them.

Edited: 23/03/2013 at 21:46
23/03/2013 at 21:54

I think they ignore everyone who isnt in their little clique to be honest .......

I will still be disappointed when Poohbear hangs up her marathon shoes though after Brighton .... it will be a dark day, not only for Brighton marathon but UK running in general.

23/03/2013 at 21:55
Screamapillar wrote (see)

There are some fertile imaginations on here I'll say that....

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

Tommygun2    pirate
23/03/2013 at 22:20
Evening all
Blimey this is thread has moved on a pace.
23/03/2013 at 22:21
I've done every Brighton marathon and I get ignored.
23/03/2013 at 22:22
PSC - Brighton camp site is full I looked online last night.
23/03/2013 at 22:25

Not here Tracey G ....... here everyone is friendly with everyone ....... isnt that right Screamapillar?

Tommygun2    pirate
23/03/2013 at 22:27
I did the first Brighton marathon, and posted a bit on the first thread but it all got to cliquey and I notice lots of the same folk are on this years one.
24/03/2013 at 06:30
Anne's ankle blew up to the size of an elephants it seems and the 20 miler had to be abandoned. Not even a Masters degree in playstations could help her get through the pain. I hope she gets a nice sit down job on the checkout on Monday morning.
25/03/2013 at 10:38
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

I think they ignore everyone who isnt in their little clique to be honest .......

I will still be disappointed when Poohbear hangs up her marathon shoes though after Brighton .... it will be a dark day, not only for Brighton marathon but UK running in general.

You appear to have the internet equivalent of 'short man syndome'; so little confidence in your own ability that you have to denigrate anyone you find that is slower than you.

Edited: 25/03/2013 at 10:38
25/03/2013 at 16:27
Wow that is so offensive to short people.

On a sensible note. I see there are several people posting. "last long run done. time to taper and relax" Does any of them even know what a taper is? 3 weeks and and that's it then. just turn up on the start line.
25/03/2013 at 16:29

What's a taper? I thought you got those from drinking iffy water.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
25/03/2013 at 16:33

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nbJ-suwzYjQ/T9izF1KLbMI/AAAAAAAACVU/wOhbZyiao-g/s1600/bairds_tapir.jpg

25/03/2013 at 16:38
JMopper wrote (see)

You appear to have the internet equivalent of 'short man syndome'; so little confidence in your own ability that you have to denigrate anyone you find that is slower than you.

As a "short" person I find that highly offensive!!!

So it`s ok to have a go at someone because of their height (which they can do nothing about)

But it`s not ok to say anything about anyone who may be slower. (which they can do something about)

WiB
25/03/2013 at 16:42

I would have thought a T-shirt would be best, something that highlights the length of the run etc ...... that way when people see you in it, you can utter the immortal words ...'Oh didn't you know? That's right ...... Im an ultra runner'

;)

Millsy1977 wrote (see)
JMopper wrote (see)

As a "short" person I find that highly offensive!!!

So it`s ok to have a go at someone because of their height (which they can do nothing about)

But it`s not ok to say anything about anyone who may be slower. (which they can do something about)

Slow person syndrome?

WiB
25/03/2013 at 16:54

Vertically Challenged Person Syndrome?

Is this better?

You seem quite angry - I apologise

181 to 200 of 394 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.