I will be very sad when the Brighton marathon is over .....

81 to 100 of 322 messages
22/03/2013 at 16:09

Hmmm... I recommend fourteen pounds of goose fat and a waterproof iPod.

Don't listen to me though, I can't swim for toffee.

seren nos    pirate
22/03/2013 at 16:43

of course the wall doesn't exist.........but at some stage of the race there will be a time when you probably want to stop for one reason or another........because incase you didn't know...26 miles is a long way 

kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 17:31

I actually do that mentally in races, divide the race into a set of smaller races and then pretend each section is part of one of my regular training runs.

There are lots of people who don't stop in races, I wouldn't stop in a marafun unless I was injured.

But there are lots of people who do, and that's fine too!

22/03/2013 at 17:32
The walls is a real physical thing. Ask anyone who ran the first two Brighton Marathons. They took it down the third year.
kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 18:01
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
The walls is a real physical thing. Ask anyone who ran the first two Brighton Marathons. They took it down the third year.

Mind you, you do get people who stub their toe on a brick, saying that they hit the wall.

22/03/2013 at 19:23

This place amazes me.  If I'm posted about my event anywhere else then a thread may have been started on here taking the piss out of me.  I post about it here, expecting a lot of ribbing and get hardly a comment

22/03/2013 at 19:29

we only criticise running on this forum I'm afraid Caz. If you want some swimming criticism you'll have to head over to Tri

kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 19:34

Caz, I have no idea personally, I don't even know who's being talked about on the Brighton thread, neither do I care.

I just go with what entertains me at the time, and for the record I think that if anyone wants to criticise someone, or ascertain that they speak their mind, then say it to the person directly.

So DF3, that's a point where I disagree with you. Don't slag people off because you think you're in an area where they don't look or can't respond, and that's ok. It's not.

kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 19:40

If indeed that's what you are doing, I have no fucking (bloody) idea because I'm too busy.

AND I'm childishly inserting bloody into most of my posts now.

Damn you people!

(Is damn bad or more bad in our scale of language? Someone copy me into the memo)

kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 19:46

You can't take the diva out of the ex teacher any more than you can take the ex teacher out of the diva.

22/03/2013 at 19:49

Lol Stevie, the tri lot don't understand me as I swim in winter, swim without a wetsuit and do more than 2.4 miles.

But the principles are basically the same as with running.  I do my swimming training using the same basic principles as marathon training: some long swims, some speed work, rest when my body tells me to, worry about nutrition, use an MP3 player and forget to stretch

22/03/2013 at 19:52
I don't think it's the response that stops you it's the lack of it. One tiny criticism on that thread and they hit you with the ignore button. They are all happy in their little world. We are merely observers tugging gently at their testis.
22/03/2013 at 19:54

I did notice your mate "Toby" blocked you for just a gentle tease at his ridiculous nickname for his own wife!

22/03/2013 at 19:58
Yeah Alan doesn't want any confrontations.
22/03/2013 at 20:07

Hmm. Perhaps because he doesn't want everyone on the internet to know what his real name is? Though publicising his race number probably means everyone who wants to can find out pretty easily.

KK, I think damn is worse in America or if you are talking to religious people.

seren nos    pirate
22/03/2013 at 20:09

Stevie G is not actually Stevie you know david.people use false names.........

infact someone was banned for using Stevies real name on here after being asked nicely not to

kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 20:10

I'm shit at swimming, does that help the conversation in any way? I also probably hold the record for the most 'Pirates' (actual or self acclaimed) defriending me on FB. They are sensitive souls really, except for some of the old school who I really enjoyed the company of in Nice in 2008.

Edited: 22/03/2013 at 20:11
PSC    pirate
22/03/2013 at 20:14

I am not sure you even need to be critical to be ignored... I've popped in a few times and made a few helpful comments.  I am an occassional user of the forum and therefore happy to contribute to random threads, in fact I am actually running the B marathon so have tried to help by answering some specific questions.  But either all new comers are ignored or I am posting in double dutch or they are all just plain rude.  Perhaps if nobody repsonds to this I know that I am typing into a parallel forum that only I can see.  I really don't care actually........

Perhaps that is why I have been increasingly drawn to this thread.................

22/03/2013 at 20:15
Perhaps Toby is the name of his dog.
kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 20:15
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

So DF3, that's a point where I disagree with you. Don't slag people off because you think you're in an area where they don't look or can't respond, and that's ok. It's not.

Its also sometimes about the audience, I swear if I posted my thoughts directly on the thread, poor old Poohbear would be in tears, so Im actually being a nice guy by doing it behind her back.

No, you're being a twat doing it behind her/his back. My disclaimer is still that I haven't read the thread and have no intention of doing so.

81 to 100 of 322 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.