I will be very sad when the Brighton marathon is over .....

161 to 180 of 322 messages
25/03/2013 at 16:38
JMopper wrote (see)
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

I think they ignore everyone who isnt in their little clique to be honest .......

I will still be disappointed when Poohbear hangs up her marathon shoes though after Brighton .... it will be a dark day, not only for Brighton marathon but UK running in general.

You appear to have the internet equivalent of 'short man syndome'; so little confidence in your own ability that you have to denigrate anyone you find that is slower than you.

As a "short" person I find that highly offensive!!!

So it`s ok to have a go at someone because of their height (which they can do nothing about)

But it`s not ok to say anything about anyone who may be slower. (which they can do something about)

WiB
25/03/2013 at 16:42

I would have thought a T-shirt would be best, something that highlights the length of the run etc ...... that way when people see you in it, you can utter the immortal words ...'Oh didn't you know? That's right ...... Im an ultra runner'

;)

Millsy1977 wrote (see)
JMopper wrote (see)

I think they ignore everyone who isnt in their little clique to be honest .......

I will still be disappointed when Poohbear hangs up her marathon shoes though after Brighton .... it will be a dark day, not only for Brighton marathon but UK running in general.

You appear to have the internet equivalent of 'short man syndome'; so little confidence in your own ability that you have to denigrate anyone you find that is slower than you.

As a "short" person I find that highly offensive!!!

So it`s ok to have a go at someone because of their height (which they can do nothing about)

But it`s not ok to say anything about anyone who may be slower. (which they can do something about)

Slow person syndrome?

WiB
25/03/2013 at 16:54

Vertically Challenged Person Syndrome?

Is this better?

You seem quite angry - I apologise

25/03/2013 at 16:54
I find the word denigrate offensive too. It means to blacken. What is it with wanting to offend short black people?
25/03/2013 at 17:04
Tracey G wrote (see)
PSC - Brighton camp site is full I looked online last night.

officially. but at brighton plenty get in through the back door.

25/03/2013 at 17:05
Isn't there a website where you can camp in people's gardens?
seren nos    pirate
25/03/2013 at 17:28
skotty wrote (see)
Tracey G wrote (see)

is that  joke about brightons reputation........

25/03/2013 at 17:37
My point is these guys may not ne as speedy or train as much as you but there efforts are real and take a lot of guts. (Starting from scratch is tough). Its not pleasant to have all the condescension from those who "know better".
kittenkat    pirate
25/03/2013 at 18:42
skotty wrote (see)
Tracey G wrote (see)

25/03/2013 at 19:50
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Wow that is so offensive to short people.

On a sensible note. I see there are several people posting. "last long run done. time to taper and relax" Does any of them even know what a taper is? 3 weeks and and that's it then. just turn up on the start line.

You tend to get the same phrases cropping up whatever pace someone is.

But I have to ask, if someone is doing 25-30miles a week, and aiming for a marathon, what the heck are they tapering from exactly?

25/03/2013 at 19:53
JMopper wrote (see)
My point is these guys may not ne as speedy or train as much as you but there efforts are real and take a lot of guts. (Starting from scratch is tough). Its not pleasant to have all the condescension from those who "know better".

Interestingly the only person on here that we know for certain is an underachiever is DF3 himself. The psychology of this stuff isn't that hard to work out. 

25/03/2013 at 20:18

You will never be a winner. Being a "winner" is an attitude thing.  

seren nos    pirate
25/03/2013 at 20:20

No David.....Carers tell the truth ....I know

25/03/2013 at 20:23

25/03/2013 at 20:29

words fail me David.

25/03/2013 at 20:35

at first i thought you weren't a real person, just someone put in by Runners world to stir things up a bit, but then i read that you were Australian, then it all made perfect sense.

I don't mean that in an offensive way.

25/03/2013 at 20:42

All is explained now Ultra...probably has a tinny on the go as we speak, moaning about the flamin Galahs on the Brighton Thread to Screa...sorry his girlfriend...

25/03/2013 at 21:05
Next time I will text PSC about campsite lol
26/03/2013 at 20:52

I'm enjoying DF3s comments re the Brighton thread.  and I'm sure he's enjoying the indignantion of those who are so shrilly offended on behalf of those who could doubtless tell him to sling it themselves if they felt so inclinded.  great reading.

26/03/2013 at 22:12
Bint on there now is talking about tapering (three weeks away) after being out injured for three weeks. Seems she thinks tapering involves eating her bodyweight in Hobnobs!!
161 to 180 of 322 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.