If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 10 year old self

about your future life?

21 to 29 of 29 messages
09/04/2014 at 15:40

If it can't change history then what's the point? If anything it'll just cause distress as the younger me will go through things knowing what will happen but unable to act to avoid nasty stuff 

09/04/2014 at 15:47

I would have told myself not to give up on a career, just because the one you were geared up towards didn't work out.  Also, to have got into property developing before the prices went up.

kittenkat    pirate
09/04/2014 at 15:54
XFR Bear wrote (see)

If it can't change history then what's the point? If anything it'll just cause distress as the younger me will go through things knowing what will happen but unable to act to avoid nasty stuff 

A different emotional viewpoint?

09/04/2014 at 15:59

I s'pose knowing in bad times that things work out would be positive. It could go the other way though so I'd have to choose carefully.

09/04/2014 at 16:33

Don't get married at 22.

09/04/2014 at 16:51

Nothing.... because I would not have listened

At 10yo I thought knew everything, but as I have got older I have realised that I know f. all.

No matter how much you know, or think you do, you are only scratching the surface of any subject. There is always more to know.

So, I would say that I should remember that God gave you two ears and only one mouth because he intended that you should listen twice as much as you speak.

And of course in the year 2000 nothing will happen! We will not be buzzing around in flying cars. The world will not end. The evils of the world will still be evil. We will not be living on the moon. The 'system' will still be corrupt.

09/04/2014 at 18:14

Behave yourself, be honest, polite and take advice. Its going to work out fine.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/s500_0.png?width=350

And appreciate any luck you may have.

09/04/2014 at 19:03

Less comfort eating, more physiotherapy. 

JvR
10/04/2014 at 12:46

Don't be so nice the first time you get the chance to lose your virginity, go for it, the person you do lose it with wont be quite as nice.

Learn to ride a bike sooner and learn to swim in open water, then go and do triathlons rather than marathons. You're knees will probably thank you more.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.