If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

61 to 71 of 71 messages
14/04/2013 at 13:12
kittenkat wrote (see)

I think it's ok for some people to have no ambition and I think that some people are ok with their lot.

I agree, the secret of a happy life is being content with little

14/04/2013 at 21:09

The Highlands of Scotland where I have family.

Fremantle, Australia

14/04/2013 at 21:29
I know plenty of expat Brits and they're generally either miserable gets or complete fisters. May be a coincidence, but i kinda doubt it.
14/04/2013 at 23:08

I always fancied France. Was a time when it looked likely that D could relocate with work. That won't happen now. I'd like to move because it was always our plan but some things are tieing me here and mayhaps will do for a while.

17/04/2013 at 02:27

Would have to be Hawaii - been once and fell in love with the place! Has everything you'd want, amazing everything! 

17/04/2013 at 08:43

Ivory Towers.

...I mean that's where you lot live.

17/04/2013 at 08:56

It wasn't a joke.

17/04/2013 at 09:09

If the cap fits.

17/04/2013 at 13:57

not been to enough places in the world to pick just one,
but Melbourne over Sydney any day, New York to visit repeatedly, and the Lakes to have a hideaway in the UK. Could I live there all year? doubtful.
Having worked in London for almost 30 years, its probably a good place to spend some time, but could list countless places I'd rather be.
I think I'd be nomadic

18/04/2013 at 08:53

If in this country, somewhere up on the North Yorkshire Moors - perhaps near Egremont/Goathland

Lake District? - it'd have to be St John in the Vale, Threlkeld, or Mungrisedale

If within my home county (West Yorkshire) Otley, or Ilkley!!!!

Then again, I'd also like to live in a Dick Strawbridge & family style, with freshwater springs, water-wheels & wind-turbines for free energy

Doe anyone anyone remembers his It's Not Easy Being Green series?? (the first one, where they worked on the farm to convert it all to sustainable sources?)

18/04/2013 at 21:46
Otley's great, as is Ilkley. We are considering moving out that way but I'm not sure I really want to move out of the Big City yet.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 71 of 71 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.