If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

1 to 20 of 82 messages
12/04/2013 at 10:11

I'm off on a wet week in Cornwall next week I love it down there. I'm pretty well travelled, in this country and others. But I have to say out of everywhere I have been I still think I'd be happiest in a little village near the sea in Cornwall. It's the second time I have been to St Minver and I think if I could be Vicar of St Minver I'd die a happy man

The only place that comes close would be living in Austria I think. I didn't fancy the USA much. Nowhere ver feels like home

Edited: 12/04/2013 at 10:11
kittenkat    pirate
12/04/2013 at 10:12

In this country, I love where I'm living (farm in Devon, sea and Dartmoor both within 10 miles).

Other than here, I did love Australia.

kittenkat    pirate
12/04/2013 at 10:13
TheVicar wrote (see)

I'm off on a wet week in Cornwall next week I love it down there. I'm pretty well travelled, in this country and others. But I have to say out of everywhere I have been I still think I'd be happiest in a little village near the sea in Cornwall. It's the second time I have been to St Minver and I think if I could be Vicar of St Minver I'd die a happy man

The only place that comes close would be living in Austria I think. I didn't fancy the USA much. Nowhere ver feels like home

My husband is a Cornishman, we spend a lot of time there as all his family are still there in the Truro/St Agnes area.

12/04/2013 at 10:14

Quite apart from liking London, my forebears are from Cornwall and I'd happily live there (but not in Torpoint, where they're from).

12/04/2013 at 10:17

Not Cornwall, I've spent a lot of time there and have family there but some parts of it are a bit of a rugged wasteland.

Somerset or Devon though. Or Yorkshire. 

kittenkat    pirate
12/04/2013 at 10:18
Peter Collins wrote (see)

Quite apart from liking London, my forebears are from Cornwall and I'd happily live there (but not in Torpoint, where they're from).

My first teaching job was in Looe, we regularly went over to Torpoint for fixtures. I wouldn't live in Torpoint or Saltash. I love Cornwall, but prefer to live in Devon, it's just as beautiful and more accessible. However most people think the country ends at Brizzle anyway

12/04/2013 at 10:26

Anywhere with my OH

12/04/2013 at 10:27
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Anywhere with my OH

Aw 

kittenkat    pirate
12/04/2013 at 10:28
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Anywhere with my OH

Have you informed your other harem?

12/04/2013 at 10:29

Melbourne

12/04/2013 at 10:48

I would like to live in Sydney. It's warm there and they have nice coffee.

Pudge    pirate
12/04/2013 at 10:52

Lake District, or Scottish Highlands.

12/04/2013 at 11:01

I don't have a particular favourite county, but the situation of the house would be more important.

It should be far enough from the nearest dwellings that no matter what they do, I can't hear them, or their cars, or their kids, or their dogs.  

Being near the sea might be nice, too, but seagulls are noisy buggers!

Edited: 12/04/2013 at 11:01
12/04/2013 at 11:09

I just worry if I'd move to Australia I'd get bored??

I live in Somerset now. It's alright I suppose, Dorset I think is nicer and so are some parts of Devon. As was mentioned most people down here think you drop off the face of the earth if you travel outside Somerset I come from Surrey and South London and wild horses couldn't drag me back to the pit that is London

12/04/2013 at 11:13

I agree with you on London, Vicar!  I grew up in south London, and work in the city.

Apart from the fact that my distance rule couldn't possibly be satisfied, it's just so crowded, grubby, and noisy.

I don't understand why people are willing to pay so much to live in it!

Edited: 12/04/2013 at 11:14
12/04/2013 at 11:17

I'd stay in London but would pick a bigger house in a swisher area. Probably Richmond.

If I was going to move out of London, I'd also move countries but stick to a big city, maybe Paris or New York.

I like the countryside for a long weekend but I'd get bored after a week, and it's much better career-wise for me to be in London. I suppose I could do the long commute, but I've got better things to do with my life than sit on a train for four hours a day.

12/04/2013 at 11:23

Trust me if you have spent any time in Croydon its enough to put you off going back

12/04/2013 at 11:27

i fell in love with shetland. i'd live there.

12/04/2013 at 11:28

I love the thought of dissapearing somewhere like the Shetlands but in reality I don't know if I could.

12/04/2013 at 11:30

i'd like it if olivia colman lived next door. we'd be pals and pop in to each others houses for cups of tea.

1 to 20 of 82 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.