If you're in an office reading this...

13 messages
Tommygun2    pirate
07/09/2012 at 13:26

Well thanks for that KK 

07/09/2012 at 13:42

The weather is indeed gorgeous, so I'm going to get off this sofa and get on my bike

07/09/2012 at 14:02

It looks very warm out there, in my air conditioned office it appears to be 20degC with a very, very light breeze.  They let me out in 3 hours, just before it gets dark

07/09/2012 at 14:08

Poor use of the conditional, here.

The weather people do this as well. "If you're driving north tomorrow, the weather in the Midlands will be raiiny."

Er, won't the weather be rainy in the Midlands even if I'm not driving north? Why are you makiing the weather conditional on my actions?

Tommygun2    pirate
07/09/2012 at 14:17

I am in an open plan office in the Lower Ground floor, we have windows but the view is of a wall. But I can see that the sun is indeed shinning Nothing bitchy in the office, normally really quiet oh and its just blokes

Tommygun2    pirate
07/09/2012 at 14:23

I guess thats just the way it is, I am only temping with the company and have only been here three months. Apparently they did used to have women in the office.

Edited to say - There are women here in the rest of the building who work for the same firm its just this particular office.

Edited: 07/09/2012 at 14:25
07/09/2012 at 15:12
kittenkat wrote (see)
Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)

Poor use of the conditional, here.

The weather people do this as well. "If you're driving north tomorrow, the weather in the Midlands will be raiiny."

Er, won't the weather be rainy in the Midlands even if I'm not driving north? Why are you makiing the weather conditional on my actions?

It's a reflection on how sedentary the western world has become, you used to have to make the effort to get up and dance for the rain. Now you can just drive and do the occasional cheeky flinch of your windscreen wiper. Mother nature will toss her doner kebab to one side and shower you with gold.

Off topic but I like the weather forecasters who say "showers today but not everybody will catch one"  err if they did you might call it rain everywhere 

07/09/2012 at 15:25

My office is in a temporary portacabin, well that's what the CEO told me when I was recruited 11 years ago

I have a mix of full and part time staff, all the part timers have gone home now, school runs etc.  Atmosphere is good, indeed very good because it's almost time for them all to go home for a sunny weekend.  

Tour of Britain race is here on Sunday, Wiggins, Cavendish et al and there are plenty of other bike events in town, but think I am the only one interested, conversation between phone calls currently is TV programmes I have hardly heard of let alone watched.

07/09/2012 at 15:29
I'm sat in the garden with tea and biscuits, just got back from physio, and totally forgotten about work already
07/09/2012 at 16:01
kittenkat wrote (see)
Why just guys?

they've got a vending machine for tea?

07/09/2012 at 16:08

Is this a KK thread without a question attached?

IronCat5    pirate
07/09/2012 at 21:15

Today's office was a Ford Kuga that started in the Austrian alps, then descended towards the North East Italian plains and paused briefly at Venice. Thence turned in to an Airbus 320 and continued onwards to Heathrow.

The weather was still gorgeous!

07/09/2012 at 21:21
kittenkat wrote (see)
JF50 wrote (see)

It looks very warm out there, in my air conditioned office it appears to be 20degC with a very, very light breeze.  They let me out in 3 hours, just before it gets dark

If it's any consolation I've been in a orifice all through the summer when I had planned to have the whole kids holiday period off.

You've been in an orifice? That could be quite pleasant - depends which orifice?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.