I'm a Celebrity!

1 to 20 of 36 messages
kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 17:32

This is worth watching ONLY for Ant, Dec and my husband's commentary. Obviously for all of you it's not worth watching unless you're sitting in our living room at the time.

This is the thing, these programs are set up for ridicule, and don't we lap it up? Rightly or wrongly there's something funny about this formula of game show and watching grown adults drama llama'ing'.

The people I'm warming to most are Steve Davies and Rebecca Addlington. And maybe that boy band guy... But it's early days.

18/11/2013 at 18:14

You mean this years instalment has already started?

Can you imagine getting Bear Grylls on this. 'Bush Tucker Trial', piece of piss and not even his own. 

18/11/2013 at 18:18
Life is way too short to watch crap telly
18/11/2013 at 18:27

Not watching it but wonder why Steve Davis and Rebecca Addlington wanted to do it.

Isn't Bear Grylls stuff fake?

18/11/2013 at 18:30
Yeah Bear and his "how to build a shelter and skin a rabbit " and now I'll just go and stay in a 5 star hotel
Edited: 18/11/2013 at 18:30
PSC    pirate
18/11/2013 at 18:30

I have to admit that I totally agree with Dave.  the first series was fun, in a mindless quasi funny sort of way, but I just can't bring myself to watch it now.  It's totally moronic and gratuitous TV shite. Nothing against Ant and "Dick" but the format became dated, dull and childish very quickly.  I would rather sandpaper my eyeballs than watch it. Sorry if anyone out there likes it - I don't, we are all individuals. xx 

kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 18:41
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
Life is way too short to watch crap telly

Dave, that's you again just trying to put across a persona of what? You take good photos, you cook good food at certain points. But you do have this underlying 'snobbery' which isn't actually snobbery becauase no-one who wines about having a house name plate intelligently grafitied or losing out on a caraven to the ex wife... Is a snob.

It's irony, crap telly is good because it's crap. Have you never watched Gogglebox? Funniest thing this year was the guy from the posh couple doing his version of Downton Abbey and the short arms thing. I've never watched Downton but I was in tears.

18/11/2013 at 18:46
No That's me saying my life is too short to watch crap telly.

I'm not saying the fact you and your family is wrong, or indicative of class or status. Just that I think it's crap and dont bother to watch it
Edited: 18/11/2013 at 18:47
kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 18:48
PSC wrote (see)

I have to admit that I totally agree with Dave.  the first series was fun, in a mindless quasi funny sort of way, but I just can't bring myself to watch it now.  It's totally moronic and gratuitous TV shite. Nothing against Ant and "Dick" but the format became dated, dull and childish very quickly.  I would rather sandpaper my eyeballs than watch it. Sorry if anyone out there likes it - I don't, we are all individuals. xx 

I know Ant and deck are getting to their Autumn in presenting, but I have some loyalty because they're actually funny... Unlike Bruce. I also stopped watching any soap operas about 15 years ago, who watches them and what are they like? Cannon fodder for Daily Mail readers?

Damn, now I sound like the snob that I've accused Dave of not being. Damn, there is no win/win situation here.

kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 18:51
Cinders wrote (see)

Not watching it but wonder why Steve Davis and Rebecca Addlington wanted to do it.

Isn't Bear Grylls stuff fake?

I *think* that both of those people would be lured in by the money and another stab at some sort of limelight. I'm not saying that in any disparaging way, but just our culture (wrongly in maybe the small demographic of minds posting here right now), rewards exposure to a ridiculous degree. Milk it, otherwise unless you are very clever, intelligent and absorbing about writing your memoirs. Who the hell are you? Were you?

Years ago before we had our kids and we just had one of our faithful hounds, we used to be regulars in the more seedy pubs of one small Somerset 'town'. In that town was 'gaffa', a regular piss head and we only met him through chance of being 'wanna be piss heads on a Friday evening only', working people. He changed the barrels in the pub, he was also the man that invented the polymer that stopped a cereal bag splitting horizontally when you ripped it. Since him they rip vertically. Try It!

Edited: 18/11/2013 at 19:03
18/11/2013 at 18:56

? KK

kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 19:07
Cinders wrote (see)

? KK

No idea about Bear Grylls, but such a pretentious name, indicating that he has a grill big enough for a bear. Very arrogant, and his fire pit would have to be very deep.

kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 19:09

He also gave away all rights to his invention to a cereal company for a piece of gold, hence changing barrels in an obscure Somerset pub.

Well, twat really.

kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 19:10

Gaffa, not Bear.

18/11/2013 at 19:11

Edward Grylls doesn't quite sound the same does it? 

kittenkat    pirate
18/11/2013 at 19:19
Cinders wrote (see)

Edward Grylls doesn't quite sound the same does it? 

No, that sounds like seasoned lamb cutlets. But in that might be a financial dilemma; do you pay through the nose for a sliver of meat or do you hire the guzzling gas fires from Hell to cook your bear?

18/11/2013 at 19:29
He lives on an island, sounds a snobby thing to do
18/11/2013 at 19:30

Rebecca Adlingtons family live very near , local swimming pool named after her , and I knew after the Olympics last year she would either do Strictly or Celebrity .

Not sure how much they get paid for celebrity. she must need the cash ????

Maybe that's an unfair comment as I am not a fan .Each to there own I guess

18/11/2013 at 19:48

Quick search brought up that Adlington might be being paid £80k and that this seasons *celebs* are the worst paid.

18/11/2013 at 19:53

wtf how much ? well I would eat a kangaroos testicle for that YEP !!

1 to 20 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.