I'm proud...

15 miles & 5 star toilet break!

21 to 33 of 33 messages
02/09/2002 at 15:19
Guy I ran with managed three toilet stops before 10 miles !!! Is that a record?!
02/09/2002 at 15:20
That LOL wasn't for you AW, it was for RB (in case you were thinking that I was laughing at your marathon success!!!).
02/09/2002 at 15:22
No offence taken, wasnt sure what lol was till your next message. Worked out it was a prefix but thought lots of love with !!! seemed an odd message !!
Ratbag    pirate
02/09/2002 at 16:00
Thanks Hild.. seems this forum style still isn't that suitable eh??

Just thinking also that doing it on the top floor of the Hilton might get you into trouble. More especially if it's FROM the top floor of the Hilton!!!
02/09/2002 at 20:29
Well done NR. We don't have anywhere as posh as that here. Making a toilet stop on the pier doesn't sound quite as classy!
02/09/2002 at 21:22
Well done NR - great fun running through London. I did a Waterloo to Baker St run on Weds night. Didn't know the way, so followed my nose. Past the Houses of Parliament and an MP I'd seen on Question Time, through St James Park and Green Park (had a little stint with the Nike 10k training group), then I ran through Picadilly and Oxford Street - which was interesting. I stuck to the bus lane and didn't have too much of a prob. I was grinning to myself and singing (don't ask me why) Hey Jude. I'm sure there were many people who thought, another one's escaped - and I played up on it. Quite liberating to act like a lunatic! Got to the Globe in no time - but unfortunately after all that running (around in circles) the alcohol didn't agree with me (I got a bit tipsy and lost my bag with my running gear in it!)...
02/09/2002 at 21:56
How did you cope with the traffic & the pollution? Me & Oldbones live out in the sticks - four cars is a traffic jam around here. But even so, part of my normal route has no pavement and if you run in the road then you run the risk of looking like the squashed rabbit in the middle. Car drivers are so inconsiderate.

SY3
02/09/2002 at 22:40
This is a great thread. Celebrating success all the way! I ran nine miles yesterday. My longest run ever. A white van man took the time to throw a tennis ball at me and a car full of women slowed down so they could bark at me. Isn't Essex lovely at this time of the year?

I am, however, now confident that I will complete Windsor, lack of injury permitting. I'm going for less than 2 hours...

02/09/2002 at 23:05
Sythree, are you Mrs Oldbones? Nice to meet you (so to speak!)... As for the pollution. Have to say that I did have more than the usual quota of rather unpleasant black stuff omit from nostrils (Londoners will know what I'm talking about) after Weds night... If I did it regularly would have to invest in Michael Jackson style mask, but fortunately don't have to work in the Smoke too often, so it's a rare treat. I'm sure the novelty would soon wear off. Threre's only so much tourist dodging a gal can do. Look forward to meeting you at Windsor Waapster...where's the where to meet at Windsor thread?
03/09/2002 at 00:18
As always, Ratbag is his usual entertaining self.
. New runner, you've got me thinking of what hotels we pass on the New york route ! I'm pretty sure we pass the Trump towers !!!
LOL
Trogs    pirate
03/09/2002 at 00:26
NR - well done on your 15 miler, I don't think I'd have had the nerve to drop into the Dorchester!

Snicks - there's a Windsor thread on the Events forum which includes some discussion on a meeting point but I don't think it's been finalised yet.
03/09/2002 at 11:14
George - laughing at the idea of popping into hotels during the NY marathon - maybe we could stop and have a bite to eat as well if it all gets a bit much?

Snicks -Can not believe you ran down polluted Oxford Street!
03/09/2002 at 13:00
NR, I know, obsessive compulsive etc... but at least I escaped!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.