Inspire "Elders"

1,981 to 2,000 of 2,104 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
04/11/2012 at 20:49

Got a cold - boo hiss. Friday and yesterday my nose was running faster than Usain Bolt's legs, but today I can't breathe properly.

05/11/2012 at 10:42

Gunpowder Plod tonight in York..looking forward to it, despite the lack of training (a common theme for me!).  It's going to be a cold one, but the forecast is for clear skies so the fireworks should be awesome

05/11/2012 at 17:53

Good luck for the race Pegg... keep wrapped up

Hope the cold goes soon BI

Running Postie    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:17
Good luck Pegg
A whole week of no training thanks to a cold, last night I had to resort to knocking myself out with a sleeping pill to get myself to sleep because I was coughing so much
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
06/11/2012 at 08:54

2000m pre-breakfast swim today - our pool opens at 06.45 two days a week for early morning swimmers.

06/11/2012 at 20:22

Thanks!  I did it, despite the race start being delayed by nearly an hour which meant that by the time we started, we'd been stood in the cold in tshirts and running tights for two hours and my feet had gone completely numb.  The fireworks were great, but the organisers had some issues which they'll have to sort out before they try and host it again...

06/11/2012 at 20:49
Well done Pegg hope you have thawed out!!

Hello all, hope you are all well
Running Postie    pirate
08/11/2012 at 18:45

well done Pegg

still no training as I am still pooly...boo hiss

08/11/2012 at 20:37

NOT good RP!  I hope it ups and goes quickly x

Thanks Sberry...it did take a while to get the toes/fingers/nose etc back to normal again!

Running Postie    pirate
09/11/2012 at 15:39
Pegg I am totally fed up with it, being sensible I thought doing no training would help the body get rid of it quicker... Wrong. There is no point going to the quacks as it is a virus( someone at work tried the anti b's with no success) I did go swimming today as I am now going to beat it into submission!!!!
10/11/2012 at 05:31

Morning all

Pegg - well done on your run!

Bi and RP - hope you are both feeling better now?

The week started well for me, a nice 5 mile run on Monday but from Tuesday I have also had a cold Coughing like crazy now. Going try to go rowing tomorrow and hopefully back to running next week!

Running Postie    pirate
10/11/2012 at 21:04
(((()))) for you MWW, fingers crossed it won't linger.
I'm still not 100% today, so had an afternoon of Greys anatomy marathon catch up!
12/11/2012 at 08:01
((())) for MWW and RP hope you are both feeling better soon!!

Hello everyone else hope you are all well nd fighting fit
13/11/2012 at 09:39

I hope the germs have taken a hike now MWW and RP...I've been sniffling for over a week now but it's not really coming to anything or going away, so just a bit irritating really!

I'm working from home today and I've got my running kit on...so as long as I remember to keep drinking this morning and grab something to eat around 11am I should be good to go for a run at lunchtime   It'll be the first time I've run in daylight in ages!

So I know some of you are entering crazy races next year...does anyone have any kind 10kms lined up in the spring?

13/11/2012 at 09:50
Morning Pegg yipppeee a daylight run

There is a 10k over here in Aprilish time nice and flat, sea view,and a room available here Have I sold it t you yet?
13/11/2012 at 16:42
How did the run go Pegg?
13/11/2012 at 19:46
Evening all.... Didn't dare post with all those germs hanging round Hope you're all fighting fit now!
Sorry, I have no idea about 10Ks Pegg. I avoid them like the plague.

I've just done my very last interval session until after the marathon. I look like a wrung out wet rag, it's not pretty
16/11/2012 at 21:27
Well done on the interval Cabbey

Think I must have scared Pegg off

Hope everyone has go over their various bugs and are all fighting fit again
17/11/2012 at 07:24

Hello all

Cabby - can't get over how quickly you have got your training back up to sxhedule

Pegg - did you run? I have entered one localish H/M in March and Brighton Marathon in April, but will have to see how it goes!

S'berry - flat sounds good

My cold is nealry gone  have done a couple of runs this week and some gym work and rowing! It has been difficult becasue my OH is away in the states  and I have had to fit in around work and family stuff! May get another run in this morning! Have a good weekend everyone!

18/11/2012 at 17:37

Hi - no you didn't scare me off Sberry!  I ended up with a flurry of emails over the lunchtime that kept me busy until well into the evening so no running afterall.  I did get out this afternoon though, but it was so awful, I cut it short and was home after just 2.5miles  with aches and pains all over.  Oh well.

You, on the other hand Cabbey, are going great guns.  Well done with your long runs, and best of luck with the Cayman run

And Sberry ran her HM today too...I won't give the game away - but I've left a message on your blog...

I hope you have managed to find some time for yourself MWW.  Best of luck keeping that cold away.

1,981 to 2,000 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.