Inspire "Elders"

21 to 40 of 2,104 messages
04/05/2011 at 06:46

Hello all

OOhhhh...tray bake sounds lush!

Fraby - I am with you on the hangovers (but I am older than you)

04/05/2011 at 07:15

Well, from a "long standing thread member" point of view, I have to say that I am the baby  as have been posting a shorter time than all of you old gits ... so... yes, you are all old to me!

I'm prefering your recipe to cakes made without butter and sugar RP ....although if I didn't hate currants and sultanas so much, maybe the afore mentioned wouldn't taste so bad!

04/05/2011 at 07:17

hi everyone

i used to cycle a lot before i took up running, after the first few month i never had a problem with a sore ar$e

the best cure for a hangover is to keep drinking not that i've ever tried it

04/05/2011 at 07:19
Oh, and I'm off deep water running tonight in my new AQx suit and shoes... I look like a cross between the Mitchelin and Stay Puft man... it's not a good look!  I'm dreading walking into the swimming baths and getting that "WTF???" look from everyone in there!
04/05/2011 at 07:21
Morning Q.... hair of the dog and all that? Never been brave enough to try it... although I'm very good at running 10K's with a hangover aren't I Min?
04/05/2011 at 07:31

*waves madly to Cabbey*

How the devil are you, young un?  I ran a 10K PM with a monumental hangover - and felt great by the time I got to the finish line!

04/05/2011 at 07:42
I was being sarcastic Hash... I was horrendous the day I did a 10K with a hangover!
Speaking of hangovers, you aren't going to believe what had just happened to me..... I have just failed the toothbrush test!!!! I haven't even been drinking... How did that happen?
04/05/2011 at 08:10

wtf is a toothbrush test?

morning all - and Farby (hello m'dear, are you back from your travels now?)

04/05/2011 at 08:18
Put toothbrush in mouth too far... Gag... Sick! Normally only achieved after a skin full on previous night!
04/05/2011 at 08:36

Like that, you mean?

04/05/2011 at 08:40
Morning All!

Hi Min - yes, back having had an absolutely fantastic time! and busy trying to sort myself out for my next excursion... it never stops!! I'm off again on the 11 Jun, but the stuff I'm sending ahead needs to go this week.

Cabbey - at least it wasn't the test where you watch the toothbrush to see how many of the bristles have wilted or dissolved due to the strength of your alco-breath!!
04/05/2011 at 08:43
 only ran once with a hangover  never again
Running Postie    pirate
04/05/2011 at 15:28

As I don't drink........(much) I don't ever fail the toothbrush test..yuck!

Hi there Farby *waves frantically*

Back side feels o.k today, I was more concerned with testing my new running skort. I must say they do look more flattering than capri's, they hid the wobble. Only issue was, chaffing thighs after reading Ultra Caz comment about wearing her skort. It took some time to get use to the legs rubbing together but I am happy to report that my legs are fine! However I did get a lot of strange looks today, I hope it was the skirt and not me personnally!

04/05/2011 at 15:31
I need long shorts to stop the old chaffage - definitely couldn't handle a skort!
04/05/2011 at 16:13

I bought a new running skirt in Florida which has long shorts under it, so best of both worlds!

Use it for racing in when I want to look glamorous!

04/05/2011 at 17:13
Well there's nowt as glam as I was today in my AQx suit and shoes at the swimming baths. I felt a bit embarrassed at first but had a lot of questions from a few old blokes in there who were quite amazed at what I was doing. They made me laugh for the full half hour and I forgot about how stupid I looked after a while. It was much much harder work... Hamstrings ached loads, but both suit and shoes are fab.
04/05/2011 at 17:56
 just getting ready for tonights race, no chafing for me i wear long shorts
04/05/2011 at 18:06
Good luck Q, hope it goes well. lol on the long shorts...can't imagine you in a skort somehow
04/05/2011 at 18:19

well...this that and the other soon descended into a conversation about pants and bottoms as far as I can see.

at 39 and eleven twelfths I consider myself an oldie, and with massive gaps, admitedly, I was hanging 'round cluttering up the INSPIRE thread for many years, so Old I am in every sense. Is that good?

How long do shorts need to be before they are no longer shorts?

Fair play to you getting in the public swim session in your water running gear Cabbey. Did you have to get permission or just went right ahead and hoped for the best? Mart was thinking about doing that as he isn't a strong swimmer so can't seem to get enough of a workout in the water. He has some gear in Spain at my Mums where no-one can see him, but not a suit...what does that look like? As Min says...piccies??

Hello Farby...you hardly class as old there at a mere 34! (You'll grow out of it though hun)

04/05/2011 at 19:46

So this is where you are all hiding...

Seems kind of familiar? A bit deja vu maybe... Oh I remember

Night ramblings...

Not surprised it has already descended into  pants, bottoms and wet lycra but no discussions of merkins yet...or was that just Sister?

21 to 40 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.