Inspire "Elders"

1,601 to 1,620 of 1,920 messages
21/06/2012 at 07:23
Morning

Hope you had a good cycle yesterday hope you're nice and relaxed now

Had a great hills session on Tuesday then a good boxing session yesterday even got paid several compliments from BB today is a speedy 10k - wish me luck on that!!!

Hope that everyone is good
Running Postie    pirate
21/06/2012 at 16:43

Hi S'berry I think we have our own forum going on here! I hope the 10k went well. After yesterdays loooooong session, 3 hr cycle and 1hr run I swapped a swim session for a strawberry tea in aid of breast cancer...well it would have be rude of me not to!

I may have to go for a swim later, maybe.

21/06/2012 at 19:59
Does look a bit like that doesn't it, although I'd say MWW is busy trying not to drop one of the many balls she seems to be constantly juggling, Pegg is still hobbling (get better soon x), Cabbey hopefully is on the mend (get better soon, if still needed x), UI could still be swimming!! Min is probably still running miles and miles and as for the others hope they're all well and running well

Blooming heck RP that's some amount of time in the saddle and then to go or a run - which ironman are you training for?;-) Sounds like an ideal swap and yes would have been very rude of you not to go Have a good swim if you go.

Well I managed my speedy 10k my fastest ever time of 53.07 I have a nice swim planned for tomorrow morning, before finishing the housework as SIL is over tomorrow for the weekend and then it's boxing again
Running Postie    pirate
21/06/2012 at 20:19

well done on that fab time.

I didn't get my swim as the OH wanted to go,which was just as well as I have been sick (vomiting) tonight, i'm not sure why as I feel o.k.

Pegg is on the mend she has been posting some wonderful piccies of her foot on FB.

Minardi was well until i roped her into doing the marathon run for me next weekend!

which brings me to.. I have a team in for the Outlaw iron distance triathlon a week on sunday, thats 2.4mile swim, 112 mile bike and 36.2 mile run! My next solo outing will be a half iron distance in September.

have a good day with SIL tomorrow.

22/06/2012 at 08:09
Hope you're feeling better today (()) good luck on Sunday (bet you'll be doing an IM all by yourself by the end of the year)

This weekend could be interesting - SIL always knocks my confidence but I have boxing to look forward to this evening don't think I have time for a swim today to busy getting ready for the queen, sorry SIL to come!!
Running Postie    pirate
22/06/2012 at 18:02

good luck!

23/06/2012 at 10:06

Yup, still hobbling, although I've been off the crutches since the weekend and I can drive if i press the clutch with the side of my left foot - although after an hour, I'm glad to put my foot up again as it hurts like hell

I'm very much in awe of the numbers being clocked up by RP and Sberry just now, you're both making so much progress

I hope the boxing was good last night, and that you survive the SIL Sberry!

24/06/2012 at 14:48

Hello all

Apologies for not being around!

Family stiff has taken over again! My son has been back in hospital and having to organise care for my daughter as well...been a bit manic! I did manage 5 miles on Wed and then 8 miles this morning!

Pegg - hope your foot gets a move on and gets better!

RP - how do you do it!?

S'berry - well done on an amazing 10k, and the swimming and boxing!

Running Postie    pirate
24/06/2012 at 20:19

MWW I don't know, all I can say is doing all three means I get to enjoy my training sessions. If I don't want to run,then I will cycle etc. The swimming is now becoming a lot easier and I hope to make some real improvements over the next 6 months. The best bit, is i'm not getting injured!

MWW I hope your son is on the mend! ((()))

Pegg You'll be back on your feet in no time!

26/06/2012 at 13:05
Afternoon everyone

(((MWW))) hope that everyone is OK. well done on managing to get out for a run or two.

Pegg hope that your foot is healing well

RP sounds like you've found your sport or sports

Well I managed to survive this weekend just!!!

Managed 26.5k on Sunday and then some hill reps today, but generally feel really deflated and disappointed about them both Don't know whether it's just the negative frame of mind that SIL has put me in with her constant negative comments and remarks, as I should be pleased with having done my longest run and 4 hill reps faster than last week (although last week I did 6 reps, really couldn't dig up the energy or motivation to do a fifth rep today)

Went for a swim on Saturday morning and had a massage yesterday, not a bad as I thought, but she found some really sore bits in my shoulders

Boxing was great on Friday although I don't know what he'll think of SIL describing it as a "little boxercise class"!!!!
26/06/2012 at 13:36
UI glad that everything went well. Hope that everything continues to go well at the rehab clinic.
27/06/2012 at 06:58
Morning all!
Just thought I'd check in to see what everyone's up to. Some great training going on I from everyone.
MWW - sounds like you've had loads going on - hope you're ok and manage to find some "me" time x
UI glad the op went well.
Pegg - hope your foot is healing ok - I did wince when I saw the pics!
I'm not running at the moment - have been seeing a chiro - very strange symptoms - feet and legs are numb!! Not sure what the problem is but I'm seeing my gp today and hoping he'll send me for a scan - could be something pressing on a nerve, not sure. Anyhow - feeling very sorry for myself and sick with worry Anyone for a crystal ball they can lend me?
Moan over.......hope everyone else ok.
Edited: 27/06/2012 at 07:22
27/06/2012 at 07:24
Ooops - SBerry - fab fab time for your 10k, super speedy!!
RP - should we call you Swimming Postie now?
27/06/2012 at 07:35
(()) HB hope you get some answers soon, sorry don't have a crystal ball!!
Running Postie    pirate
27/06/2012 at 21:11

HP well hello there! Im sorry your on the subs bench, it does sound like a trapped nerve, my bet it is a vetebrae pinching it. Have you tried a sports physio, there quite good at minipulating the spine and may b e able to work it out.

UI Glad the op  has gone well, onwards and upwards. No rushing it though ( I know what thesae triafeletes  are like )

S'berry Past on the back for running faster, sod the reps and the SIL

27/06/2012 at 21:55
Hi RP - I've had massage & seen a chiro but neither of those helped.

Did make some progress today though - saw my gp who thinks its Meralgia paraesthetica - not back related but something to do with compressed nerve from pelvis, through groin, which is making my thigh/knee area numb & uncomfortable. Being referred to a neurologist so have just got to put up with it for the time being. Just hoping we get a decent summer cos I can't bear wearing trousers at the mo - skirts & shorts are the most comfy
28/06/2012 at 07:42
HB hope you get an appointment really quickly so you get some answers and results soon (())

Hi RP how's things?

Had another good boxing session last night and today I'm going for a run and I'm not coming back until I've done what I've set!!! I'm running to the cliff paths (5kish) 3k along the cliff paths and then back home

It's also bound to rain as I've hung the washing out and am wearing shorts and a vest hope I don't scare too many people
Running Postie    pirate
28/06/2012 at 17:53

HB I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope your back out running soon!

S'berry I'm o.k, I am suppose to be sorting my stuff out for Sat/Sun (triathlon). I even have a list in my head but not the motivation to put it into action! I did clean my bike yesterday and make sure it is o.k.

I had a mild panic attack about my miin bike pump and decided to do a trial run through, if I get a flat tyre. No problems!

How did the cliff run go?

28/06/2012 at 19:52
RP good luck for the weekend not that you'll need it glad the trial run went well and you have a nice shiny bike

UI hope that will be a large bottle of red!!!

Had a good run today, and my happy positive head is firmly back on . I managed to do everything that I set out to do so happy with that and I felt stronger on the cliff paths, still not saying it was any easier!! I also ended up doing an extra little bit on the end the run so it would round my monthly total up to 200k!!!

I'm in shock that I've managed to run 200k this month very happy though
Running Postie    pirate
29/06/2012 at 21:07

Well done SB

now do I take some wine to Outlaw?!

1,601 to 1,620 of 1,920 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.