Inspire "Elders"

1,601 to 1,620 of 2,104 messages
25/05/2012 at 07:39
Morning all
I've just changed broadband so haven't been able to get on for a while (my work computer doesn't let mr on RW)
Anyway, How are you all?

I'm managing cross training with the odd day off for foot recovery. I get to do my first outdoorsy proper training walk on Saturday... Hopefully 2 hours! Onwards and upwards. I'm also off to get my new orthotics this morning with a permanent dome in the fore foot.
25/05/2012 at 13:10
Afternoon

RP hope you had a good swim this morning

Hope the new orthotics work Cabbbey, and you get out for your training walk.

Hi SF *waves* how are you?
25/05/2012 at 17:43

Hi in the Channel Islands, hope you'vr got this lush weather. Just in from work - that's 1.95 miles of cycling EACH WAY, pretty tired so nooooo training today.

Good luck with the new orthotics Cabbey

25/05/2012 at 18:08
They weren't back so I haven't got them yet. Never mind, my old orthotics with padding is working for now

The weather is seriously gorgeous isn't it? I shall hopefully be walking in my shorts tomorrow
Running Postie    pirate
27/05/2012 at 18:34

There weather is great, just as long as you don't have to work in it!!!

Hi there SF, no training, are you sick? I see your going great guns on the cycling.

I went out yeasterday on my bike and manage to get the speed up to 50km per hour, I was well impressed ( it was a tad wind assisted, but hey ho, i'll take it as a good un!) I did 40km followed by anice brick of just under 2 miles. The feet were dead for the 1st mile but the time was brilliant.

28/05/2012 at 11:47

Hi all,

RP  - I am doing fine, still running, but not with the Peterhead Jogscotland group, had to pack in due to personal reasons. I was aksed to start up a group with my work, through Jogscotland, called Jogworks. We have about 10 /12 of us. Also helping out my old hockey team at Ellon + also coaching hockey  2 nights a week, through Active schools and my club.

Mykey -  i have stopped logging on Fetch and using a new site called the "Good Running guide ". I find this handy for plotting routes for the works group.

I have been taking my son swimming on Mondays asfter the works group, so my spare time is mental just now and still working most weekends,

Glad to see the everybody is keeping well and still posting.

Inspire has been going a while now !

Running Postie    pirate
28/05/2012 at 17:40

Fred yes it has but is pretty active of FB too

28/05/2012 at 21:05

still 'Inspiring' others Fred, about time the Queen summoned you to show her appreciation 

Hi RP - yeah got this niggling PF - went out after work and blitzed a 6 miler - foot tinglng but no pain as yet (touches wood) loving the bike, got a 100 mile sportive in July so getting the old marathon legs spinning.

Inspire was soooo instramental in helping get going in 2007 when a 3 mile run was still out of reach, 'tis nice to be back 

29/05/2012 at 07:03
Believe it or not, I'm still aching from only walking 8.25 miles on Saturday. Shocking how unfit I've got. The good thing is though, this is the first "full" week of cross training without having to have a day off for the foot. If this keeps up I should be running very soon.

100 miles eh SF? Tags does all that stuff on the bike and loves it.
29/05/2012 at 13:53
Afternoon all

Yeah Cabbey for a full week of training Hope the foot keeps on behaving! Have you got the new orthotics yet?

100 miles SFgood grief, makes me glad to live on a little island, I'd get dizzy going round and round

Blooming heck RP that's some speed

Had a beautiful bad run on Sunday if that makes any sense!?! Decided to go up to the cliff paths and along them for a bit. Running was awful but the views were amazing I even sat at the top of one of the steep bits (they very kindly put a bench there) and just sat and enjoyed the view and peace and quiet. I sometimes love living here

This week has been better - cycle, swim and cycle yesterday and then a run this morning - nice and foggy this morning, so went for a longer run
Running Postie    pirate
29/05/2012 at 17:40

S'berry it's nice living in a picturesque place. I have been out on my bike today, 80km ish in less than 3 hours. I have a cracking view out to Lincoln catherdral on my highest point (which in Lincolnshire is not very high!).

SF I have spent loads on my bike, but I love her, she is my dream. I'd rather cycle than run any day! ( I do still run, though) I have a nice 112 mile ride to do 1st July as part of an iron man team. I'm really looking forward to it and hope the weather is going to be good.

29/05/2012 at 20:26
RP you'll have to change your name to Cycling Postie well done on the cycle.
29/05/2012 at 22:45
Sounds lush Em am also getting into an unhealthy relationship with my bicycle
Sounds like your loving the outdoors and that beautiful island Mrs B and if the view is that good why not take a seat and enjoy it.

Did a stunning coast path run myself today, foot playing up a tiny bit now, just in from work but hopefully sleep it off.

Anyway I reckon it's time for some zzzzzs
30/05/2012 at 15:10

try me best SF !! Although i mistakenly cursed at kids hockey last night and three little girls pulled me up about it ! I apoligised and felt terrible after ! Sorry to hear about your foot  problems. I had similar soreness on my foot just under my big toe and next toe. Doc says it was a " Mortons neuroma ". had to get a steroid injection. Was ok for a few months, but feel it coming back after a run.

Know how ye feel Cabbs, my fitness has plummetted and with getting older, i am finding it hard  to get back to  fitness.

Rp  - iron man  !!! bloomin eck, hats off to you ! Total respect for the doing that !I hardly cycle now,  drive everywhere !

Running Postie    pirate
30/05/2012 at 18:44

Fred thats not good driving every where! I did love playing hockey, I had to give it up because, a) too bl**dy old and can't keep up with the young uns (far too much sprinting) and b) I was frighten of getting injured and not being able to run again.

I had a lovely swim in the lake last night, 22 degrees!!!

30/05/2012 at 21:59

That does sound lush Em, ironman indeed 

I think the foot is just rebelling after the marathon/marathon training so working around it, not too painful tonight so maybe run Friday

Anyway, just in from work and getting up at STUPID o'clock for 100k on the velo so night all x............................

31/05/2012 at 07:33
Morning all

SF good luck with the100k, still think you're mad

RP yourswim must have felt like a bath compared to recent temps!!

I don't drive everywhere, unless taking Berries to their activities, but tend to walk more than cycle.

Although saying that we are all walking this morning, as the Berries have a sponsored walk for school and then I'm off for my run. At least I'll have had a good warm up!!!! But then again my legs might not be talking to me, had boxing last night and he was in a bad mood, so I got punished
31/05/2012 at 18:05

65 miles done starting at 5.45AM - keeeerching

That sounds like a healthy active day Mrs B. Boxing? BOXING? Tell me more....

Hopefully running after work tomorrow, if foot allows, seems fine now

Have been domestic god today, list of DIY jobs ticked and fascias and guttering and windows all washed.

Early night beckons I reckon 

31/05/2012 at 18:06

Being a complete stats freak I was pleased to discover this website http://app.strava.com/rides/9767989 

Running Postie    pirate
31/05/2012 at 18:39

SF well done on the ton! I bottled it today, I was suppose to do a 40km ride followed by a 10km run but decided a snooze on the couch was a better option. I may nave to go on the turbo trainer an redeem myself.

1,601 to 1,620 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.