Inspire "Elders"

1,801 to 1,820 of 1,920 messages
Running Postie    pirate
01/10/2012 at 17:54

s'berry snap, I am fighting a cold off but doing the other option, training it out of my system! as yourself, it is time for Budapest mara at the weekend, Minardi is dragging me round.

BI it's horrible stomache flu because you feel ok between bouts of sickness!!

I dod do a 10k race yesterday, it was really windy but manage a sub 49 mins even with a cold, so that will do.

Off to the running club tonight to give them a boot camp circuit training session, I am sooo loking forward to it!

02/10/2012 at 07:29
(()) BI hope you are feeling better soon

RP well done on a speedy 10k especially with a cold. Hope you are feeling better for Sunday. Did the running club survive your boot camp circuit training?

Good luck to you both RP and Min for Budapest

I went for a swim yesterday and am dressed in my running kit for a nice gentle run this morning
Running Postie    pirate
02/10/2012 at 15:57

hi S'berry, they did indeed survive, but I reckon a few of them will be sore tomorrow.

I think I might need the good luck for Sunday and good luck to you too for Sunday!

I will pass the message on to Min

02/10/2012 at 17:14
He he job well done then RP, and despite their moaning, I bet they secretly love it

You'll be grand for Sunday, anyway I'm keeping all the luck cos I'm selfish like that, more like I need it more than you guys Seriously though have a great time both of you

Yes please pass on the message to Min, and a hug too, as it sounded like she needs one.

Did you manage to sweat your cold out? I seem to have a sore throat that comes and goes and a runny nose only when running - don't know what that's all about?
02/10/2012 at 23:15
Hope you are feeling better BI

Well done on the 10k RP, good luck to you and min for Budapest

Good for your marathon s'berry
Running Postie    pirate
03/10/2012 at 20:42

Hi S'berry yes I have managed to stop the cold in it's tracks, thank dog!

Q thank you, I think I might have to pencil in another 10k this year, I think itis time I got a new PB!

06/10/2012 at 14:38

Best of luck for tomorrow to Sberry, Minardi, RP and anyone else racing who I have missed out!  Have fun

06/10/2012 at 15:47
Hi Pegg how are you? How are things going?

Right off to go and find my wellies for tomorrow or maybe a snorkle would be better
06/10/2012 at 18:47
Good luck to our racers this weekend.... Min, Odie, RP and S'berry. Have a fab race one and all x
07/10/2012 at 14:28
Afternoon all - I'm back, finished, showered, changed and sat on the sofa with my feet up

Oh yeah also got new shiny PB 4.15 will do report on Fetch in due course

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
07/10/2012 at 15:47

4:15?!!!  That's an awesome time Sberry, huge congrats to you.  I hope you've got lots of treats coming your way, you deserve them

07/10/2012 at 17:09
Thanks Pegg to be honest I can't actually believe it you never know it might sink in one day along with the Jungfrau-Marathon
07/10/2012 at 21:17

I've got terrible aches in my legs Sberry...can't imagine why

08/10/2012 at 11:58
LOL Pegg so have I for some strange reason

Just had a massage and she reduced me to tears when she worked on my right ITB, now I feel totally and utterly exhausted so am chilling on the sofa whilst dinner is cooking

Can't wait to hear how Min and RP got on

Hope everyone had a good weekend
08/10/2012 at 17:57
Huge congrats on such a fab time S'berry... A time to be truly proud of
You deserve a good chill out after that...and wine too, even if it is a school night

Hi Pegg how's things with you?

I'm back running again, I have to do it slowly and just be grateful to run at all this year so Cayman Islands marathon will definitely be a "get round in one piece" but that will make my day if I do that, so it's all good
08/10/2012 at 18:14
Fantastic BI... It sounds fab. And walking will definitely help ready for when you're ready to run. Unfortunately I wasn't even able to walk for most of this year. It's been a terrible 9 months or so
08/10/2012 at 20:57

Hi Cabbey, I've not been running much, but I have been trying to climb and play squash once a week (which works most weeks) and I even got on the treadmill when I got in tonight to 'earn' my apple crumble .  My knees are shot though so no long distances for me anymore (not that I ever went really far, but you know what I mean). Unfortunately the 3% fat I lost on holiday seems to have crept back on, not quite all of it, but most, so I'm making a concerted effort to fight it...we'll have to see how long that lasts!

Good to see that you're back on it again...those distances are creeping up slowly.  I've been reading your blog and it's good to see that you're taking it steady.

Good for you too BI, the walk sounds fun (for you, anyway.  I'm terrified of dogs so it would be my idea of hell ).  Cabbey's right, it'll give you a headstart when you get back to the running again.  Although don't go being tempted to head off too fast with the runners!!

09/10/2012 at 13:11
Sounds like a nice event BI. Will you be able to start running when Charly can? Might be a nice way of you both starting off gently, both of you starting a new journey together How is your hip now?

Must admit I always get a bit apprehensive when running past dogs as I keep thinking my leg turns into a lump of meat, like the Tom and Jerry cartoons, which they want to take a bite out of

Cabbey great to see you running again

Pegg you've run a marathon, which is a long way, so you can stop that!!! Mmmmm apple crumble, any left for me?
Running Postie    pirate
10/10/2012 at 21:37

I'm home!!  Budepest was fabulous, I will have to go back again to see ever thing I missed! The food was great and sooo cheap, well worth a vsit.

Ok down to business, a sort of race report.... I planned to run a good 10 miles with Minardi as I was planning to take in all the sites.  Unfortunately at the start I really needed the loo but decided to wait till the race started and go at the first available portaloo. I think I managed about 3/4 miles and saw a Burger king and dived in there, leaving MInardi. When I finished, I thought don't push it, I will catch Minardi up, which I did and then decided to carry on at my own pace as I was feeling good. At the 12 km I saw MR T, then I saw Odie (who was running the 30km) running in the opposite direction, I worked out that she was probably 1/2 km ahead of me and shouted at her that I would catch her up!

Running Postie    pirate
10/10/2012 at 21:46

it took me about 5km to catch her, we had a quick conversation and I carried on. The course was a lot of out and backs, so I saw Minardi and Odie a few times. There was a group of Brits with union jacks on the course and they were brilliant support. I passed the half way in 2hr 2mins and was having a good time until mile 23, then I started feeling it,but was determined not to walk. I slowed down quite a bit until I realised that I only had  1 1/2km to go and got my head down. I crossed the finish in 4hrs 10 mins. I was pleased as it was a pb but then thought if I had stopped messing around and got my head down from the start it would have probably been a sub 4hr....so now I have unfinished business!!!!

1,801 to 1,820 of 1,920 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.