Inspire "Elders"

1,821 to 1,840 of 2,104 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/08/2012 at 12:29

My local ortho today said I can stay home another week as I've still got another 6 physio appointments to keep. I didn't say no!

Running Postie    pirate
15/08/2012 at 18:53

BI some people get all the luck!, I have been back to work for 3 days after having 3 weeks holidayand I have had enough already and counting the days down till the next holiday!

Fred Your very lucky to live where you do the harbour is quite beautiful, I used to like sitting on the wall and watching the boats come and go and the beaches up there are to die for better than scanky Skegness. The down side, it's a tad cold up there!

15/08/2012 at 20:34

RP - I would rather have had to work than undergo a major operation though!

Running Postie    pirate
15/08/2012 at 22:32

oh yes I quite agree!

15/08/2012 at 22:58

i quite like skegness but i only go there once or twice a year

16/08/2012 at 10:25

one place I've never been to.

Running Postie    pirate
16/08/2012 at 20:52
grandad Q wrote (see)

i quite like skegness but i only go there once or twice a year

I only go once a year and if I can get out of that (x country on the beech, a real b*tch) i will!

I tried to persued my son that coming to the pool tonight for an aquathon was a good idea, as we could set him off with a 4 min head start and we could chase him! I can't repeat his answer so I went for a run and got drenched in the rain instead.

16/08/2012 at 23:09

will be up that way next month, off to butlins

19/08/2012 at 11:12

Hello all

RP - I can imagine the response from your son! Well done on the run in the rain!

I have not been able to run this week. Last weekend I had a really good 9 mile LSR, first time I felt good running for months. Since then I have had a very painful ankle and have not been able to run on it 

I haven't been able to get to the pool as my daughter has had a bad week and can't leve her for very long. Hopefully get the the pool at the crack of dawn tomorrow so I can get home before OH goes to work! At least I don't have to go to work for another couple of weeks

Running Postie    pirate
19/08/2012 at 12:52

aaw MWW I hope your ankle heals quickly and ((()))) for your daughter.

It is way too hot to do anything at the moment, the heat is making me feel quite sick and headachy. I will either go for a run tonight or get the bike out, but will do some thing today.

19/08/2012 at 12:54

An hour's bike ride followed by weights and stretches - on my way back to fitness!

The German weathermen are predicting the 2003 record temperature of 40.3 may well be beaten today!  It's certainly very hot and no sign of a cloud.

19/08/2012 at 15:14
((())) MWW hope your ankle is OK and for not having to go to work for a couple more weeks,but to hear that your daughter is having a bad week. Hope that she picks up this week (())

Yeah BI how did your hip feel?

Hope you have a good cycle or run RP and that it cools down for you.

Guess you don't want to hear about my run in the nice cool fog this morning then can't believe it was my last long, long run, where has the time gone? 33k done which included cliff paths and hills
19/08/2012 at 16:52

good luck with the run or bike tonight RP

well done BI hope the hip's ok, and i thought it was hot here

good running s'berry, hope you are feeling ok

19/08/2012 at 17:00

Hip feels fine, thanks.

God it's hot!

20/08/2012 at 08:29

Morning all

RP - hope you managed to get some exercise yesterday!

S'berry - well doen on your long run...especially the hills

BI - has it cooled down where you are?

It has been feeling very warm here in Swansea but overcast and lots of rain! I have been for a swim this morning as ankle is not up to running! I am waiting for the dentist to open to try and get an appointment, toothache is really getting on my nerves!

20/08/2012 at 10:17

MWW - nope, although there are now one or two wispy clouds to be seen.

Hope your daughter is doing better today.

20/08/2012 at 14:31
Afternoon all

Well done on your swim MWW what have you done to your ankle? Hope you got a dentist appointment

BI think you need an ice cream ( or two) to cool yourself down

I'm still moving and the aches in my feet and knees have eased today, so a happy Berry today looking forward to my swim this evening though

Just found out that my Mum has treated us to first class rail tickets so I can travel back in style
20/08/2012 at 17:31

Ice cream sounds like a great idea! But got to go to swim training in half an hour.

Did another hot bike ride today to collect my car after its service, then downed 3 large cold drinks, had a cool shower and washed out my sweat-soaked bike clothes. Sky is now grey and looking ike a storm is brewing, hope it holds off until after swimming, we only have 3 more nights in the outdoor pool before it closes for the winter. Still, we'll be able to swim in the lakes for a good while yet.

20/08/2012 at 19:37

well done on the swim MWW, hope you got a dentist appointment

hope your swimming went well s'berry and BI

20/08/2012 at 21:52

yes thanks, good session tonight, coach had us doing some fist drills first, then 200m intervals, followed by counting strokes and reducing the number on each successive 50m. Finished up with an 800m cool-down.

1,821 to 1,840 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.