Inspire "Elders"

1,841 to 1,860 of 2,104 messages
21/08/2012 at 19:11
Great swimming BI glad the weather held for you

I only managed 40 lengths yesterday, before I ran out of energy! Am trying to talk myself into going for my run tonight. Hubby is currently at the gym and I meant to go afterwards, but I really can't be ar$ed

Hope everyone is well
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
22/08/2012 at 08:49

Yep - took Charly to the dog club last night, let Nemo go swimming with John instead, it was much too hot for him. Charly did well for his first little workout, I'm walking him by my side with a treat in my hand, when I stop he has to sit before he gets the treat. He cottoned on to it pretty quickly and is sitting without a command as soon as I stop. Good beginning. I also put him into a kennel to get him used to it, at first he whined a bit but soon stopped. When I went to check on him he was sleeping! I took him out to watch when the older dogs started attack work, he was very interested in what they were doing. Bodes well for future training - of course it will be a long while before he gets to that. He must be 15 months old before taking his first obedience test, so that's next year at this time.

22/08/2012 at 10:18

Hello all

BI - sounds like  the trainign has already started..well done Charly

SB - maybe you need a day off?

I am feeling a bit better today, got to dentist yesterday and toothache nearly gone now..just two more rounds of treatment to complete root canal work! My ankle is still very sore, going to ice and rest for a few days and see how it is at the weekend.

22/08/2012 at 16:11

great swimming BI, sound's like a very clever dog

only 40 lengths s'berry i would like to swim that far

glad you're feeling better MWW, ouch for the treatment. hope the ankle get's better soon  

22/08/2012 at 19:29
Great start for Charly BI

Glad you've had some treatment for the dreaded toothache, it's such a horrible pain. Hope your ankle responds to the TLC

Hi Q how are you ?

I went for a run last night, only 8k and the only thing that made me run was I needed to start breaking in some new shoes for my challenge. The good thing is that it turned out to be a fairly good run Had boxing tonight hard work but good.
22/08/2012 at 19:31

hi s'berry i'm fine, how are you. well done on your run and boxing

Running Postie    pirate
22/08/2012 at 20:30

BI the swim session sounds good. Well done on the dog training. Every dog owner should have to do it!

S'berry Sounds like you could do with a kick out the door?

MWW I know the feeling with the dentist, I am suffering from very sensitive teeth, they have sealed 3 off them but I think I may have an abcess ( not causing pain at the mo) I am back at the dentist in 2 weeks time.

I went swimming in the lake last night, I was at the furthest point when a lunder storm, decided to come over. Well, I never swum so fast in all my life. These  thunder clouds came from nowhere, it was sunny!!!

swam this morning, 1.9km in 41 mins and ran 6 miles wilst little RP rode his new bike.

23/08/2012 at 07:52

RP - you're faster than me. Good swimming.

Running Postie    pirate
23/08/2012 at 15:39

BI why, thank you!. I have spent this summer trying to get faster. Since january I have knocked 16 minutes off my time all with the help of that Swim smooth book.

Club run tonight, quite exited as it is the first run with the club in 2 years.

24/08/2012 at 12:06

Hi everyone.  I'm desperately trying to catch up with life after 3 weeks away and a busy week this week.  I've not been running, but my foot held up for the hiking holiday (after M performed a small op with the swiss army knife and a pair of tweezers ).  Might have to go back to the docs to get it checked again, as my toes are changing shape and are quite painful, and there is yet more shoe trying to get out of the wound...
Ouch for the toothache MWW, I hope the last two treatments do the trick.
Well done with the swimming RP.
Sounds like you've got your dogs well under control BI
Great training Sberry - not long now!
Hi Q *waves*

I hope everyone else is well and training happily...

24/08/2012 at 20:05
Well done on the swimming RP, novel speed training glad you're seeing the improvements after all the hard work you've put in

Hi Pegg gald your foot held up for your holiday even with the impromptu operation hope you get some answers from the doctors about your toes and if there is anymore shoe left in your foot!! What was the weather like?

I had boxing tonight, I almost cancelled as I couldn't be bothered, but I'm glad I went although he did punish me as I didn't do anything for the last two days seem to have caught a dose of CBA Two weeks to go - where on earth did that time go?
24/08/2012 at 21:48

Last night of summer swimming training tonight wrapped up with a swim and run race between the adults and juniors, followed by a water polo game and finished off with cake. Great evening.

25/08/2012 at 07:34

well done on the swimming and running RP, liked the speed session on the lake, think i'll stick to the pool when i swim. hope the club run went well

hi pegg hope you get the feet sorted out

well done on the boxing s'berry, hope you get rid of the CBA'S

well done on the swim and run session BI

25/08/2012 at 13:21

Grandad Q - well I didn't actually run, not allowed to until Christmas! I acted as referee and timekeeper - rules were that if the juniors lappd the seniors by more than 3 in 15 minutes, they won. Actually it ended up seniors 14 laps, juniors 17 laps. Then those of us who wanted to just swim weaved in and out of the polo players.

25/08/2012 at 18:05

Sounds fun BI!

It was hot Sberry - 30 degrees most days and just one day of rain.  I was melting!  I loved the middle of the night thunderstorms though, they went on for hours

Running Postie    pirate
25/08/2012 at 18:16

Pegg welcome back, it looks like you had a fab time.

BI sounds lovely the water activities!

National club relays today, I was worried I would be the slowest in the team (I didn't know any of my team)  but I wasn't, thank dog, in fact I was the fastest on the bike, which as you can see, I am chuffed about. I don't know about this short fast swim malarky, I'd rather do the longer swims any day!

10 mile road race in Chesterfield tomorrow, just to kill myself off!

and finally a quick bone to pick with S'berry  CBA's, no chance, get you back side ingear, you ahve a challenge soon, don't you?

25/08/2012 at 19:19
Evening all

BI sounds like a fun evening was had by all

Pegg hope that means you had all the sun and it will be cooler when I go please be cooler when I'm there!!

RP very well done on the relay and good luck tomorrow

I'm scared now RP wants to pick one of my bones CBA's have been banished, easy to say today as it's a rest day, and I have to stick to the plan don't I to be honest I couldn't have done anything as hubby was working all day and this evening, and the bike has recently been niggling my knee so I didn't want to risk it. Tomorrow is my last long run of 24k then I enter taper madness
25/08/2012 at 20:15

OH went out with a mountain biker group today and managed to fall off twice - came home with cuts down both legs. My man is really accident prone, I swear he has more scars than skin on his shins! Told him to put some plasters on the worst ones. otherwise he'll get blood all over his bed sheets. The worst cuts are really oozing.

Tomorrow is the annual bike day for our area, the main road ( about 60 miles) is closed to cars from 10am until 6pm and all the way along there are food and drink stalls and other attractions. Huge all-day fest!  Last year the police estimate of participants was 30,000 people!

26/08/2012 at 12:49
Ouch for your OH BI have a good cycle today, sounds like a fun day out

Well the CBA's have definitely been sent packing. Just finished my run this morning 25k done and dusted (even did an extra 1k ) it was bloody painful though, knees feet and ankles. Not sure how I much further I would have been able to go!

But now I enter the world of taper madness
26/08/2012 at 17:20

hope you had a good day BI, ouch for your other half

well done on the run s'berry, good luck with the taper

i ran 7 mile's this morning the longest run this year, now heading down the sea front to see the east coast trucker's drive through

1,841 to 1,860 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.