good luck s.berry

03/09/2012 at 19:59
Good luck Sberry, and good luck RP too
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
04/09/2012 at 11:30

good luck all!

09/09/2012 at 08:52
Morning all
How's things? I'm back to my normal training programme as from today, although at a much lesser degree and much slower pace and nowhere near the distance I used to do. Hey... Ya gotta start somewhere havent you?

I bought some new trainers yesterday (Saucony) as I can't bear the heel height of my asics anymore. This shoe has a 4mm lower profile and will save me running on concrete in my trail shoes any more.

What day does S'berry do her race? Is it today?
Running Postie    pirate
09/09/2012 at 09:04

I'm home! Vitruvian HIM done, not as well as expected, I was on target for GB qualification until the run. Somebody turned up the heat (27degrees), I couldn't keep my temperature down and felt sick all the way round, I was digusted when I saw my shuffle time of 2hrs 19mins for a half marathon (unheard of for me!). My swim time was 43 mins for 1.9km, happy with that and my cycle time was 3hrs 59mins on a very lumpy course. All in all, I still had a really good day and will be back for it next year. Now to do some mara training, 4 weeks and counting!

09/09/2012 at 10:08

Hi everyone.  Sberry's race was on Friday - can't wait to hear how she got on.

Well done RP that sounds like a great result, sorry you're not more pleased with the run time though.

So you're back on it again Cabby, and I see on Fetch that Q has just broken the 100miles for the year, does that mean it's just me holding up proceedings now

09/09/2012 at 10:10

Sorry, my mistake, I think she actually ran yesterday.  I hope you're not aching too much today Sberry

Edited: 09/09/2012 at 10:11
09/09/2012 at 12:16
Oooh... How exciting that she's all done and dusted. Can't wait to read her race report.
Well done RP, so fab that only your run needs improving. Try heat training for the next one and you'll be putting that GB vest on
Hi Pegg, how is your foot now?
Congrats on the mileage Q. I honestly couldn't say what my mileage is this year. I don't think I've done 100 yet though.
09/09/2012 at 12:20

No you're not, Pegg - I'm still in semi-recovery from my hip replacement and under strict orders not to run a step until Christmas. So I have a big fat total of zero miles run this year.

Pup Charly is one week off being 4 months old and went for his first swim yesterday. Like all dogs, he splashed about at first and then suddenly started swimming doggy-paddle.

Running Postie    pirate
09/09/2012 at 15:07
Running Postie wrote (see)

cycle time was 3hrs 59mins on a very lumpy course. All in all, I still had a really good day and will be back for it next year. Now to do some mara training, 4 weeks and counting!

the brain is tired today, cycle time 2hrs 59 mins!

Cabbey run training of any discription would be a good bet next time

09/09/2012 at 16:25
Lol RP... You did very very very well then
Ahhhhh UI... Any Charly pics you can share?
09/09/2012 at 18:50
Hello all I'm back

Had an amazing time although it was baking hot !!! Even managed the 3 hours on a train and 2 hours on a plane and could still walk down the steps after Will do a report on Fetch later.

RP amazing time massive well dones

Yeah Cabbey for full training again

Hello to everyone else
09/09/2012 at 20:53

I keep trying to post a picture of Charly but for some reason it won't work,Just tried it again. I always get a system message that says "oops something went wrong, you will now be transferred". I've posted several on Facebook with no problems.

09/09/2012 at 20:58

Welcome back Sberry  and well done for negotiating those steps after all that sitting!  I'm looking forward to reading all about it...

09/09/2012 at 21:32

well done on getting back to your normal training programme cabbey, happy new trainer's

well done RP especially for running in that heat

you'll get back into before long pegg

welcome back s'berry look forward to the report when i can get on fetch seem's to be having problem at the moment

had a great day with the granddaughter on her first birthday

10/09/2012 at 13:28
Hello all

Hope you all had a great day yesterday Q, can't beleive she is one already!!

Went for a swim this morning only 40 lengths but I was hungry My legs are feeling great and I might even go for a gentle run tomorrow before my massage.
11/09/2012 at 00:22

neither can i s'berry, well done on the swim, hope the run goe's well

11/09/2012 at 06:58
Massive congrats on your race S'berry.... So pleased for you that you did your challenge. I read your report on Fetch, fab! So what's the next challenge?

A year old already Q? How time flies!

I'm very achy this morning. Not used to all this exercise I love training sleep though... It's like I'm in a coma
11/09/2012 at 07:10

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/gallery/charly.jpg?width=350

Well, this one worked! This is Charly and his favourite toys.

11/09/2012 at 19:36
What a cutie. What breed is he?

I'm knackered. I'm so not used to exercise. I think people at the spa thought I was going to have a heart attack on the treadmill. And I think they weren't far wrong :-/
1,881 to 1,900 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.