Inspire "Elders"

1,901 to 1,920 of 1,920 messages
16/02/2013 at 12:50

BI - sounds like fun  at the tri club !

MWW - pleased to hear the shins are not too sore bud, well done on the wet, windy 5 miler !

RP - i know what you mean bud. I wondered the same last night with my marathon training. 15 miles  - dry and fine on way out, drizzly all the way back. Felt like this rain cloud was following me all the way back. Legs tired from the kids hockey coaching and mens training the night before. Still you are doing brilliantly with the Iron man training RP !

Sorry for not being on the forum much these days. Working every weekend, and place still in turmoil after a wave wiped out our new office before Christmas.

Taking son to running track this avo for a wee workout and visit my mum after. Quiet pint later and hockey match tomorrow afternoon.

Take care all !

19/02/2013 at 21:47

So much for resolutions.  No running done AT ALL in February and we've got visitors for the next five days so I'll miss swimming tomorrow night too.  I did however play squash at the back end of last week and have been to yoga tonight, so if the scales dare to continue their upward march tomorrow I will not be happy at all!

Sounds busy WHH - I hope your work settles down a bit soon.

Good to see you back on it BI - you put me to shame

RP - which ironman are you doing?  My squash partners fiancee is off to do one this summer but I can't for the life of me think where it is!  Apart from it's definitely somewhere hot.

12/03/2013 at 12:30

I've decided I'm going to enter the Wetherby 10km on 8th September.  Unfortunately I decided I would do it and then found out that entries don't open until 31st March, so I'm posting about it on here and on Facebook so that I can't back out in the intervening weeks!  Anyone else up for it?  It's only a small event with 1,000 runners, on the racecourse and local roads with the only hills being the flyovers over the A1.  Apparently it's a great pb course too.  Now I need to hope that the stuff I got from the docs this morning will work on my foot so that I can run again...

26/04/2013 at 17:00

Weird.  I've popped on here a few times lately and haven't had the box to type anything in .  Now it's popped up again .  So how is everybody?  Anyone out there???

27/04/2013 at 19:47

How's the training been going BI?  And the hip?

28/04/2013 at 06:56

Hello all

BI- I have been wondering the same

Pegg - how are you doing?

I have had a difficult few months but trying to get back on track now. Had a couple of good runs this week and a 6 miler yesterday. I have entered Brighton Marathon for 2014 and have entered Cardiff HM and Swansea bay 10k later in the year. Have to be optimistic!

03/05/2013 at 08:37

Which tri are you doing BI?  Well done to Nemo too on the training

06/05/2013 at 14:43

Ooh, best of luck for Sunday then BI!  Looking forward to hearing about how you get on.

I'm still trying to mix up my exercise, so my mileage is still very low just now - I did a bit on the treadmill yesterday as a warm up for some weights and step, and the knees are feeling ok today .  I might do the same again this afternoon, and then I've got a swimming class on Wednesday with my second attempt at tumbleturns

07/05/2013 at 18:30

hi all

sorry for being absent for a while

good luck on sunday BI

i've never been able to do tumbleturns but i only swim breaststroke when i go swimming these days

07/05/2013 at 19:41

I don't even know what a tumbleturn is

Howdy doodie everyone  I see everyone is well and doing some good training

07/05/2013 at 21:17

Howdy doodie back atchya Cabbey!  

It's not been much each time, but I've managed to do either circuits or a short run or both every day now since Saturday.  The campaign has begun

Great to *see* you Grandad Q   How's life with you?  I see you've been swimming a fair bit lately too?

I'll let you know how I get on after my lesson tomorrow BI

08/05/2013 at 06:44

quite well BI at the momment touch wood

i go swimming with mrs Q pegg as it's the only exercise she can manage. good luck with your lesson

08/05/2013 at 07:07

I dreamt about swimming last night 

well done on all the training Pegg. Getting started is the worst part in my opinion. I always worry in the first week I'll have no motivation but it comes!

hi Q and BI

I'm ok... Plodding along (literally... Lol)

08/05/2013 at 16:00

Pegg  - well done on your return...and the tumble turns!

BI- good luck next for the tri

Cabby- good to hear from you...hope your are still enjoyinhg the plodding?

I have been doing a fair bit of exercise, and trying to get the running going again. Been okay but have a sore knee today!

14/05/2013 at 20:44

Well done on finishing BI, hope you soon warmed up

17/05/2013 at 16:11

Wow that sounds pretty epic for the first one of the year BI!  Well done to you both for getting through it.  I guess they can only get better/warmer from here...

26/05/2013 at 09:32

I'm probably too late typing this now, but best of luck BI!

27/05/2013 at 12:04

Well done to both of you BI - and a great report too   Glad you enjoyed it better.  When is your next one?

10/06/2013 at 06:43

well done to you both BI, hope it was a bit warmer for your marshalling dutie's

12/06/2013 at 09:47

Agree with that BI. Good luck with your next tri

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,901 to 1,920 of 1,920 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.