Inspire "Elders"

1,901 to 1,920 of 2,104 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
11/09/2012 at 19:56

He's a White Swiss Shepherd, our 4th one.There was a battle for years to get them accepted as a separate breed instead of being classed as mongrels but finally the FCI capitulated and granted them breed status. Only right since they've been bred for decades only with other pure whites. It started way back, the German Shepherd Society banned the whites because the shepherd breed standard specifically forbade white as a colour - black and tan, grey, black, red, gold, brown all ok, no white. So for a long time they were not bred in Germany any more but the line continued thank heavens in the U.S. and Canada. About 30 years ago the whites began to be bred in Germany again but it's been a long hard battle to get them accepted as a separate breed. Now they are. Charly's pedigree papers go back to his great-great grandparents. They are super dogs, beautiful, intellligent, friendly and great family pets. They come in short or long coat, Charly is short-coated. There's at least one breeder in England, I think called Rosemont Kennels, it's somewhere up in the Nottingham area.

Edited: 11/09/2012 at 19:57
11/09/2012 at 21:07
Charly is a cutie (note hide picture from Aberry or I'll be pestered to death to get a dog!!)

Cabbey great feeling isn't it

Didn't go for a run this morning, although my legs are still great, but decided that an extra day rest wouldn't hurt. Had a sports massage though today and even she was amazed that she couldn't find any really hurty bits (think she was a bit disappointed!!)

Just managed to download my finishing clip and photos, there is even one of me where both feet are off the ground!!! Never had one of those before, there are even some of me smiling also have printed out my finishers certificate Anybody get the idea I'm ever so slightly happy and maybe going over the top ever so slightly
12/09/2012 at 06:22

Where's the photo???

12/09/2012 at 20:40
If you really want to see the photos you can find them on marathon-photos.com (bib no 4330) I had just blinked in a couple honest

Back to boxing this evening, and so much for him taking it easy on me. We did the hill once and then the steps 5 times
Running Postie    pirate
12/09/2012 at 22:09

Sberry great blog and fab piccies, well done...now if you can do tha,t you can definately come and do an ironman tri!

Cabbey great work on the dreadie

BI lovely puppy

I am now in the category of certifiable.. I have entered the Outlaw ironman distance tri for next year, christmas pressie to myself

13/09/2012 at 06:08
Yeah RP, knew you'd be doing one soon, you'll be fab and no I won't be joining you in one, I might be mad but I'm not that mad
13/09/2012 at 07:48

Great, RP - no question that IM is one of the the hardest longest days of your life, but well worth it. I've done 7, but won't be able to do any more because of my hip implant - can't do the marathon distance now. But I'm still definitely up for the half-IM distance and also relay teams.

Running Postie    pirate
13/09/2012 at 19:04

BI I enjoy the long stuff a lot more than these sprint tri's.

I went for a run this afternoon, 10 miles, I feel n*ckered, no time for rest though!

13/09/2012 at 19:24

I do too, just wish I'd followed my inclination and done a 100km Ultra, now I can't. Longest I've done was a 40-miler. Think that's the toughest part about this operation, having to admit to myself I now have limitations in what I can do. So folks - never put off something you really want to do. I've tried to live by that ever since my Dad died, just before, he told me he had always wanted to run a marathon and now it was too late for him. I found that desperately sad.

17/09/2012 at 17:19

Hello all

Have been away sulking...but pulled myself together now!

Not been able to run for 6 weeks, but did a gentle 3 miles this mornings, and so far okay! Lost loads of fitness, but hopefully on the right track now! I have started rowing as well, only been twice and I am rubbish at it, but it is fun!

Lots of family stuff going on, middle daughter is making some progress, but very slow. Have been travelling the length of the country taking oldest to Uni open days! Hope to catch up and stay in touch now!

20/09/2012 at 07:44
Hello all sorry been awol (took over from MMW in the sulking depatment!)

MWW hope that things are still going well and that you have found some time for yourself Glad that your daughter is making some progress

I've been training had an absolutely fantastic boxing session last night which included running the steps with a weighted backpack and we have a plan

Next decision is whether to run the Jersey marathon on the 7th October ?
20/09/2012 at 17:06

well done on the run MWW glad it went ok, glad your daughter is making progress. enjoy the rowing

well done on the boxing session s'berry, alway's nice to have a plan. good luck if you decide the run the marathon

21/09/2012 at 16:42

I love it when Sberry gets a plan in her head!  I can't wait to hear what it is this time!  And yes, why not have fun at the Jersey marathon?  Show them how international affleets do it

That's great news that your daughter is making some progress MWW.  And uni open days?  I remember them...what are you going to do with your spare room this time next year?   Enjoy the rowing

Hi Q - I see you're getting through the miles again on Fetch...do a few for me will you?  Work has gone manic again so I managed a squash match yesterday lunchtime and a walk last night to a local meeting but that's it for exercise this week.  I'm away for some of next weeks so I'm hoping the conference I'm attending doesn't finish too late so that I can make the most of the hotel gym.

21/09/2012 at 18:19

hi pegg well done on fitting in a squash match i haven't played squash for about 30 year's, i've got a run on sunday then i'm away on holiday from monday so won't get much running in

Running Postie    pirate
23/09/2012 at 12:23

hello, I have been a bad forumite, tis been quite a while since my last post. Unfortunately work has took over and the training is taking it's toll on my free time too!

I am trying to sort out my race diary for next year, as work want my holiday dates in for 2013/14 it doesn't help when the datesfor the tri's  aren't all out yet and the OH doesn't know which GB tri's to do (hmmmph I wish I had the choice).

S'berry I hope by now you have entered Jersey mara

I am also suppose to be out having a bash at a long run in prep for Budepest mara in 2 weeks, I have a case of cba's so can't see it happening today, maybe it was one race too many this year. I think Minardi will be dragging me round the course.

23/09/2012 at 13:52
Hello all sorry not been around, but been having a wonderful time training

Back to swimming and boxing is just amazing, he has upped the stakes and I can keep up with what he wants me to do I even got a couple of "impressed" from him and they are VERY rare . Done a couple of runs during the week and just done 25k this morning

Q hope you had a good run today and have a good holiday

Pegg well done on the squash, hope you manage to use the gym next week

RP I can't believe that you have to decide your holidays already!!! Hope you've been for your run if not *kick up the bum* and get out the door, you know you really want to I've had my place for Jersey since May. I entered after I was disappointed with my time for the HM

After today's run, I've decided to run the marathon, I'd sooner fail trying rather than failing to try They might be "whys" after, but they will be better that "what ifs"

On that note I'm going to go and bounce around in my padded room
Running Postie    pirate
23/09/2012 at 14:24

S'berry well done on going for it.

I decided not to bother with the run because I would get out there, be really p*ssed off about doing it and probably cut it short any way. This is my only day off for the next few weeks and resting is probably better for me. I will endevour to get my backside on the turbo trainer later tonight instead. On the plus side, I have ordered a new pair of shoes for Budapest, so time has been spent wisely!

23/09/2012 at 15:49
OK *takes kick back* only because it's your only day off for weeks (which is very mean of your bosses BTW) and I'm in an exceptionally good mood and you've been using your time wisely
23/09/2012 at 18:29

RP you should have enough mile's in to be able to run budapest in 2 week's, hope you had a good day resting

well done on the run this morning s'berry and well done on the swimming and boxing

i ran 9 mile's this morning now looking forward to my hol's tomorrow

23/09/2012 at 19:22
Wow... Well done on the training everyone. Sounds like you're all doing amazing.
Glad to hear you're doing Jersey S'berry, I bet you'll do a great job of it!
I'm up to 8.3 miles on a 8 run 2 min walk and with 10 weeks to go to my marathon I'm feeling confident I will be able to do enough to get round. It won't be a great time but I'm grateful to actually enter a race this year. My ankle is a little sore today, but that always happens after a lay off running and I was expecting it. I may have to cross train for a couple of days just to make sure all is well.
1,901 to 1,920 of 2,104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.